Chapter 19

Finally, Fest day is here! I am excited coz this will lead to hopefully some light-hearted chapters!

Happy Reading!

============================

Chapter 19

—————At College————

To say Raavi was thrilled today would be an understatement. It was finally here. The day of the fest. The day of her dance performance. Sameer and she had spent long hours trying to perfect every step, maintain the rhythm, get their sync just right. And finally, it was time for them to see their efforts unfold on stage. Raavi was walking around the stage area making sure everything was set up and supervising any last-minute changes that took place. All participants were allowed to invite their families to watch and she couldn't have possibly asked her Maasi to come and for some reason, she just hadn't been able to muster up the courage to invite the Pandyas. Nevertheless, she had decided she was going to give it her best and have a great time. Just as she finished up her last-minute set up, she was on her way to go to the changing room when she spots Dhara and the rest walking towards the stage setup.

"Dhara Di, aap log yahan? Krish ko milne aaye ho, ek min bulaati hoon" said Raavi, about to leave and call Krish.

"Nahi Raavi, hum tere liye aaye hai" said Dhara.

"Tera performance dekh ne" said Dev as Raavi looked at them puzzled.

"Hum tere pariwar hai na, kaise nahi aate" added Gaumbi hugging her.

"Waise Raavi, main bohut hi excited hoon yahan aake, mujhe aur Dev ko apne college ke din yaad aa gaye, chalo na Dev hum woh stall check out karte hai" said Rishita pulling Dev and pointing towards the stall excitedly.

"Don't worry Raavi, I'll make sure ki hum tere performance ke pehle aake baith jaaye" assured Dev before being pulled away by Rishita.

Raavi hugged Dhara happily when Dhara said complainingly,

"Waise mujhe tujhse shikayat hai, haan Raavi, tune toh humein bulaya hi nahi, woh toh accha hua Shiva ne bata diya, ki participants ke families allowed hai campus mein, warna humein toh pata hi nahi hota"

"Shiva ne?" asked Raavi curiously.

"Haan Shiva, kehne laga, Bhabhi, Raavi humare pariwar ka hissa hai na, humein jaana chahiye" said Dhara smilingly.

The thought of Shiva considering her family made her heart flutter a little, a tingling sensation taking over her body. She looked around to see if she can spot Shiva when Gaumbi told her, "Shiva nahi aa paaya, woh dukaan mein kisi ek ko rukhna padha, maine bola bhi usko ki main rukjaata hoon, par ussne mere ek nahi suni aur mujhe bhej diya"

Raavi adorns a fake smile but her face was crestfallen thinking that Shiva couldn't make it.

"Chaliye aap sab, main aapko aapke seats tak chod deti hoon" she said finally leading the way.

After dropping them off to their seats, she went to her changing room, furious that Shiva was not going to be there.

"Bhoothnath kahinka, samajtha kya hai apne aap ko, waise toh har din rehearsal dekhne muh uthaake aa jaata aur aaj jab meri performance ki baari aayi toh dukaan mein baith gaya, stupid gadheda" she said stomping her foot and pacing around the room like an angry kitten.

"Pann tune toh mujhe invite bhi nahi kiya" came a voice from behind her.

"Haan toh tujhe invite bhi kyun karoon, baitha reh dukaan mein" she said in flow, before realising.