Chapter 31

Been super swamped with life, so a quick update! Happy reading! Haven't proofread!

Chapter 31

===========================================

Suddenly Raavi was petrified at the fact that Shiva had let slip, he was with her to Suman kaaki. I mean what was Shiva thinking? Did he want them both to die? Okay, maybe she was being too dramatic, but Suman had never been particularly happy with Raavi ever since she had thought, Raavi had made Shiva feel insecure about himself. And because of this, she had already gone to various extents to keep her and Shiva separate and that had her worried. Would Shiva and she be kept away from each other once again? Her thoughts were cut off when Shiva who was holding her hand, intertwined his fingers with hers and held them tightly, blinking at her in the assurance that he would handle everything.

Their eyelock was disrupted when Mama who had finished showing the evidence to everyone and clarified that Raavi wasn't involved went on to reprimand Suman for everything that had happened,

"Aankhon dikhayi har cheez sacch ho, aisa zaroori nahi hota, aur aapne meri beti ki baat bina sune, Shiva ko usse ghar se nikaalne diya, meri behen se meri yeh umeed nahi thi, maine apni beti ko aapke bharosa iss ghar mein sophaa tha, aur aap ne uss ke saath aisa bartav kiya" said Jagat in a stern voice, facing an ashamed Suman.

"Par uss ne mere beta ko talaak bhi toh diya tha" protested Suman.

"Maa, woh toh Mami ne dhoke se usse paper sign karwaaliya yeh kehke ki mere jail ke bail ke papers hai, complaint wapas lene ka iss liye Raavi ne sign kiye, warna Raavi aise kabhi nahi karti" said Shiva, confident about his Chipkali.

Jagat looked at Prafulla with a death stare and she came forward confessing, "Suman Ben, maine hi Raavi se dhoke se papers pe sign liya, kyunki main nahi chahti meri beti iss jangli ke saath rahe, meri phool si bachi ke saath iss ghar mein kaise kaise bartaav kiye gaye hai, main nahi chahti thi ki woh aur sahe"

Shiva flinched at her words, feeling as guilty as ever. As much as he hated his Mami for all that she had done with his family, she was right about this. Raavi was never treated well, he had always misbehaved with her and because of him, his mother had also stood against her. He tried to fight his tears back, clenching his fists.

Jagat turned to Shiva and said, "Maine toh socha bhi nahi tha ki tum aisa karoge Shiva, maine tumhaare bharose meri beti ka haath tumhaare haath mein diya tha, yeh soch ke ki tu gusse waala ho sakta hai, par tera dil saaf hai aur tu shiddat se Raavi ka dhyaan rakhega par tune toh itni beheremi se usse ghar se nikaal diya aur usse iss halat mein chod diya"

A wave of emotion hit Shiva which should have knocked him over with the instant regret and hurt, that came with it. He felt his heart compress slightly and it felt like he would break down any minute by the sword in his chest that pierced through him. His eyes burned as he looked down unable to meet his Mama in the eye. He knew he was wrong, he knew she didn't deserve any of this.

"Mama, mujhse badi galti hui main--" trying his best to speak through the insufferable pain he was feeling when he was interrupted by Mama who said, "Kya fayda ab yeh sab bolne ka, tu meri beti ki takleef, uska dard yeh sab abhi wapas toh nahi le sakta na, jo bhi karna tha kar diya"

All the moments that he had been harsh with Raavi, came flooding through his mind. The pain was so consuming that he no longer knew what to do or say. But he had to apologize, he had to do this for her, he couldn't let her go now. He didn't know what he would do without her, beside him smiling brightly and managing to light up his life every time with it.

Suman hurled a few accusations at Prafulla, blaming her and Anita for bringing rise to these situations while Jagat kept reprimanding Shiva for whatever he did.

Raavi, on the other hand, had been witnessing everything that had transpired and she had seen Shiva who was assuring her that all will be alright, turn into looking like someone who had been tortured. She had never seen Shiva this way and it hurt her to see him that way. He didn't say a word to defend himself when her Mausapaa and Maasimaa had blamed him for everything. She knew he was blaming himself again for it all, but it was time for him to stop now. She wasn't going to let anyone make Shiva implode. She had all the rights to fight with Shiva, to argue with him about the past, but no one else should do that.

Raavi's patience reaches her limit and she shut them all off by saying,

"Aap sab bandh kijiye yeh tamasha, aur aap Mausapaa maine pehle bhi kaha tha ki Shiva aur mere beech jo bhi kuch hua, usse hum suljha lenge, iss liye please aap sab bas kijiye yeh sab Shiva aur mere beech jo kuch bhi hua woh hum dono ki galti thi, aur humein apni galti ka ehsaas hai, iss liye aap sab ko aapas mein ladne ki zaroorat nahi hai, yahan koi game nahi khel rahe, ki kaun zyaada galat hai, yeh rishta mera aur Shiva ka tha, humaara hai, aur aage jo bhi hoga uska faisla bhi hum hai lenge, iss liye please main aap sab se request karti hoon, ki aap sab log ek doosre pe ilzaam na lagaye" and she faced them all annoyed at putting Shiva through it all.

What did they know about everything that Shiva had done in the last couple of months? They had the faintest idea of how much he had changed himself for her. And the boy who would never hear anybody's accusations was standing there silently, unable to meet anyone's eyes for her, just for her.

"Mausapaa main jaanti hoon ki aap ne mujhe apni beti manaa hai, aur aap mujhse bohut pyaar karte hai, iss liye aap Shiva ko yeh sab keh rahe hai, par main yeh bhi jaanti hoon, ki Shiva ne mere saath jo kuch bhi kiya, usse uska pachtaava bhi hai, maine dekha hai aaj bhi usse yeh baat takleef deti hai, aur aaj bhi woh apne aap ko dosh deta hai, iss liye main aap sabke saamne ek baat clear karna chahti hoon, ki maine Shiva ko inn sab ke liye maaf kar diya, kyunki mujhe yakeen hai ki woh dobara aisa kuch nahi karega, iss liye jitna jaldi aap sab log isse accept kar lein, uthna acha hai aur haan ek aur baat sun lijiye aap sab, aaj ke baad iske baare mein koi bhi mere Shiva ko nahi sunaayega, naa hi usko blame karega, samjhe aap sab" declared Raavi firmly, looking at everyone with her intense gaze.

Walking towards him who was still looking down, she lifted his chin up and made him look her in the eye and said "Shiva" wiping his tears away, and shakes her head into a no, asking him not to be guilty. He engulfed her in a hug, without caring for both their families, and sobbed apologetically.

"Raavi, I am sorry, I am really sorry, main—" sniffled Shiva, as Raavi kept rubbing his back while hugging him, assuring him "Shiva please, aise mat bol, mujhe sab pata hai" tightening her hold on him, worried.

"Yeh kya tum dono mere aangan mein aise lipta lipti karne lag gaye, do mahine ke liye mein ghar pe nahi ki toh mere peet piche kya kya chal raha tha" snapped Suman, causing them break apart.

Shiva got a hold of himself, wiping away his tears about to answer Suman when Raavi boldly responded, "Kaki, Shiva aur main ek doosre ke saath khush hai, aur pichle do mahine mein humne apne saare gile shikwe door kar diye, aur woh—"

"Aur woh kya? Tum log ne kya isko mazak samajke rakkha hai, ki jab chaahe talaak de diya, jab chahe wapas saath rehne ka faisla kar liya?" asked Suman harshly.

==================================

What will ShiVi do?

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter.