The return of a lost friend Part 2

Back at the base, the Autobots are all wondering how Dark Energon is coming from the same place where Cliffjumper was destroyed. It just doesn't make sense.

"Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, Ratchet. How come there's Dark Energon in there? The place was blown to bits and with all the Energon, nothing could've survived there." Bulkhead was right as they knew that nothing could survive an explosion that was mixed with Energon.

"Except maybe Dark Energon." Ratchet said as he was double checking and the scan was still showing the same results as Arcee stood beside him.

"Ratchet, are you sure you got the right location?" Arcee glanced at the computers as Ratchet understood what she was thinking.

"I can understand your concerns, Arcee. But I assure you I've got the right location." Ratchet reassured her with a nod as Wheeljack spoke from the comms.

"You should also know that the Jackhammer's scanners are never wrong." Wheeljack spoke up through the comm link as he looked at the scanners on his ship.

"But what's the deal about this Dark Energon thingy?" Wheeljack sounded confused and curious.

"Despite the fact that the Dark Energon's nature is shrouded in myths and legends. Its power is very real. For it was once used to revive one of our fallen comrades." Optimus explained grimly as the kids looked at each other before continuing to listen to the conversation.

"And those who died in Cybertron." Bulkhead added as he remembered what happened after the space bridge incident back then before it detonated.

"Come on. You're not being serious are you?" Wheeljack sounded nervous but he sensed the seriousness in the atmosphere in the base through the comm.

"Yes... we are." Arcee said gravely and as she hugged herself.

"Oh, sorry my bad. So you're telling me that the legends about this Dark Energon being able to bring any Cybertronian back from the dead is true?" Wheeljack asked just to be sure as Ratchet nodded since he read something about it before.

"Sadly... yes." Ratchet nodded.

"Well I think we should go after it before the cons do." Wheeljack sounded excited to bash some cons.

"Easy, Jackie. The place is dangerous. It's an old Energon mine that once belonged to the cons. If we go there now, we'll surely get a surprise from them." Bulkhead did have a point there but from the looks of Optimus' optics, they had to go there, dangerous or not.

"I'm afraid that's a risk that we'll have to take, Bulkhead. Ratchet, prepare the ground bridge. Wheeljack, you will rendezvous with us at these coordinates." Optimus ordered as they nodded as they knew that it was time to act before the cons beat them to the location.

"Roger that, Optimus. Wheeljack out." Wheeljack said before he turned his comm link off as Ratchet turned the ground bridge on after setting the coordinates as the portal turned on.

"Ground bridge is online. Raf, you will take care of it while we're gone." Ratchet said as Raf nodded.

"Understood, Ratchet." Raf nodded as he knew from experience how to operate the ground bridge.