Chapter 19: Battle armor ready Part 1

It has been a week and a half ever since Emily got hurt while being trapped in the shadow zone along with Optimus and a revived Skyquake. Her wound was healing slowly but she still felt a little pain. To avoid any further casualties, she had to spend most of her time at the base after both June and Ratchet told her that she isn't allowed to do anything until her wound heals completely.

She hasn't been to school or going to work ever since she got hurt and spending a week and a half at the base had its perks but at least she's safe. Jack, Raf and Miko will spend many nights having fun with her but of course it becomes boring. Today Jack's mother, June, came by to check on Emily's wound and make sure it's not infected or worse, needed surgery.

"Try to walk." June said as Emily was holding on the railing.

"Okay." She nodded and started to walk slowly. She can walk normally now with a limp but she must do it slowly and carefully.

"Great. Your leg looks better. Now let me check the wound. Can you sit down?" June smiled seeing that she was making progress.

"Sure." She laughed softly and sat down as June began to unwrap her leg as the Autobots watched the interaction.

"It's been almost a week and a half since Emily and Optimus got trapped in the shadow zone." Arcee said as she has been keeping an eye on Emily during her healing process.

"Good thing she's got better." Bulkhead said as Bumblebee nodded and whirred in agreement.

"She has the strength and the resilience of a true Autobot. Despite her human factor." Ratchet said as he admired and got to admit even though she's inherited half of her human DNA, she's already an Autobot.

"Humans might not look like it. But they are strong." Optimus said as he watched June and Emily.

June took off the bandages on Emily's leg carefully and saw that the wound had healed but there were three red marks forming into three scars that will surely be there for a long while.

"Good news, there doesn't seem to be any sign of infection. Bad news, no more normal or miniskirts for you, young lady." June said and caused Emily to laugh. She wasn't really fond of skirts ever since she started walking.

"Hahaha, good thing I'm more of a pants girl." She joked as June laughed softly.

"I must say I'm surprised how well you have healed. That wound could've been worse." June said with a small laugh.

She went full mother and doctor mode on Emily when she came to the base to check on her and right after seeing her wound, she completely went ballistic.

"I've seen worse." Emily smiled sheepishly as June nodded.

"You sure did." She smiled as the kids came riding in Cliffjumper's alt mode.

The kids came out and gave Cliffjumper room to transform as the kids went to the human area and saw June and Emily.

"Hi, mom." Jack greeted his mother.

"Hi, nurse Darby." Miko grinned.

"How are you doing?" Raf asked as he pushed his glasses back.

"Hi, kids. I'm doing great. Don't worry about me, I'm just checking on our patient here. Jack, can you pass me my first aid kid?" June said before asking Jack as she pointed to her bag as he nodded.