[10] Earl Grey

[7:30 AM - Artist's Alley Apartment Residence]

The sun creeps from the horizon as the atmosphere around becomes alive and the sound of chirping birds sings throughout. A fresh new day has begun.

However, this isn't the case for [Y/N] who is comfortably tucked in the sheets. They're still tired from yesterday but half before 8 isn't exactly the usual time for them to wake up anyway.

Meanwhile, at the Gavins, the brothers are in the dining room, eating their breakfast. They've already gotten ready for work. "Bruder, shouldn't we wake [Y/N] up as well?" Klavier asks as he sips on his morning coffee.

Kristoph clinks the teaspoon to his tea on the teacup, "I'll wake them up for brunch, don't worry." He replies, "yesterday has taken quite a toll on them after witnessing someone's death and roommate's conviction."

Klavier nods slowly in agreement, "I see. I hope you know what you're doing, Kristoph."

He finishes his coffee and heads to the sink to wash it off. "Don't forget about this evening as well," he continues.

His brother stirs the tea, "certainly. It is crucial after all."

The man in the purple overcoat heads out with his briefcase containing case files. Upon closing the door, Kristoph gets up from his seat and leaves his tea. Not a sip is taken. He is unsure of why he doesn't feel like drinking it. No, he doesn't want to.

He pulls out his phone from his slacks pockets and dials a number.

After the phone rings for a while, a sound beeps.

A groan is heard from the other side of the phone, "hello? Kristoph? What do you need...?" Their voice is obviously strained, making Kristoph know [Y/N] has just woken up.

"I wanted to inform you that my brother and I are going to work now in case you need anything." He enters the room.

[Y/N] sits up at the side of the bed, rubbing their eyes, "oh, right... Work..."

"I'm also here to tell you to get ready for brunch later. You haven't eaten in too long, it's unhealthy," the man glances at his tea.

[Y/N] is now fully awake, "now that you've mentioned it, I am pretty hungry. They only gave me chocolate bread at the detention center... Alright, sure. Thanks, Kristoph."

He softly smiles, "it's no problem, I'll be accompanying you as well. We still have things to discuss, after all." Before [Y/N] can voice out, a creak emitted from the pushing of his chair, "apologies but I'm almost late for work. I'll pick you up at 11."

[Y/N] stands up and does the bed before opening the curtains on the other side of the room. The ray of sunshine blinds their eyes as they squint them instinctively, "whew, this is really bright."

The long sleep has significantly energized them so they don't feel tired waking up earlier than usual. Glancing at the digital clock on the bedside table, it states 7:45 AM.

[Y/N] heads to the bathroom to take a shower before slipping on a simple white blouse with khaki slacks. They need to get breakfast outside since the mini-fridge is still empty and there's no silverware or plates to use.

They tie their shoes and lock the door, heading to the elevator down to the local convenient store to pick up a loaf of chocolate bread and chrysanthemum tea.

-----

[10:45 AM]

[Y/N] is all ready for their brunch with Kristoph and is waiting for him in the living room. They grab a newspaper on the coffee table and skim through it, "I should've at least asked for a charger, to be honest." Their phone is dead and it's causing them inconvenience. More to entertainment.

Flipping through the page, [Y/N] scans the headlines and titles without reading the actual articles until one catches their eye. 'Lead Singer of The Gavinners, Klavier Gavin Caught Entering His Limousine with An Unknown Person!'

'Oh, the rumor he mentioned. Damn, they're fast. Are they really that big?' [Y/N] continues reading the context of it under a picture of them stepping into the vehicle. "Fans believe that the person is his romantic partner and are going wild with rumors and theories," it says.

"Wow, romantic partner? With that guy? Yeah, he's nice and all but even his brother is better than him."

...

"Wait, what am I saying? They're brothers, of course, they're the same," they dismiss the thought.

The bell rings, signaling someone is at the door, "speak of the devil" [Y/N] gets up and opens the door for Kristoph.

"Shall we, dear?"

---

[IMPORTANT]

This book is now temporarily on hold due to a lack of interaction and inconsistent plotting. We will no longer publish further chapters unless there's a reader who wishes to continue it.

Thank you for reading.

[E/N]

Revised. This chapter was in shambles in terms of grammar maybe it was written at 3 am or something but wow was it bad at first.