[25] Warmth and Home

[A/N]

heads up, this chapter was left drafted for a while so if the writing is inconsistent, just take it with a grain of salt...

---

[ 1:00 PM - The Gavin's Residence ]

Kristoph is currently sitting beside [Y/N] on the chair from his vanity. His hands rest on one another under his abdomen as he watches them in their slumber.

The man has decided not to see Phoenix Wright as he is in an emotional state and it would be proven to hinder them all in progress. He needs to see [Y/N] first.

Klavier is in the living room, reading over the Amy Stake murder class closely to see if he as well can be of any help. The singer focuses strictly on the documents in hopes of finding valuable information.

His older brother, in his room accompanying the person, looks at [Y/N]. They look calm as if they didn't go through such wrecked emotions only prior. The soft white sheets encase them like a hug as their head sinks into the soft pillow.

It's his bed, [Y/N] is lying in his own bed.

Feeling his ears heat up, the man instinctively raises a hand to cover his face, 'my, what are you doing to me?' He has yet to accept it but deep down he knows it all too well.

Exhaling an exasperated sigh, it seems to have caught [Y/N]'s attention. They flutter their eyes open as they wander their eyes around the room, stopping when they meet Kristoph's.

The man turns his attention to them, whispering their name. The person in the bed rises to sit, letting the blanket slide down halfway through their torso. Their hands glide across their face as they try to get rid of the blurriness, "Kristoph?" They peak through their fingers.

"Yes. It's me," his gaze softens and his hand reaches out to cup their cheek. "You're safe with me, don't worry." [Y/N]'s hand holds his on their face as they lean into the gesture.

Yes, they do feel safe as if there's nothing to worry about. No, nothing is to fret about if he's here. He'll be there for them like he always has.

"How long was I out?" They ask, honestly it hasn't been long. Maybe an hour at most. "Not long at all, it's okay. It would be best if you rested, everything is coming onto you in a pile. You should focus on relaxing for now."

His hand slips off and he informs [Y/N] about his recent discovery, "Edgeworth is in Khura'in right now. We still don't know why. The media says he's continuing to be promoted to Chief Prosecutor but I doubt that's his honest intention."

The person in front of him tilts their head, "Khura'in? I heard they barely even have attorneys there..." Their voice is a little monotonous, Kristoph concludes they're mentally drained from everything.

"It is, I do suspect he's scheming something but I'm not sure what he's up to right now," he says, his voice soft as feathers to not startle them. "Don't worry, I'll find out so trust me."

[Y/N]'s half-lidded eyes look up to meet his, "of course, I trust you but you don't need to overdo yourself. We can work on it together as we always do." Kristoph knows they're trying to comfort him when really it's supposed to be the other way around. His head hangs low as he sighs.

"Yes, of course... We'll be together, as always. However, you genuinely need to keep yourself out of this mess to not cause you further harm. Klavier is helping me as well so we can handle this," Kristoph tries to reason with them. His main priority is to keep them safe as they don't know the length of what is to come.

This is merely the beginning.

[Y/N]'s solemn eyes tell more than they should, and a bitter smile grows on their face, "right, but then what? You're putting yourself in danger for me and what am I doing? It hasn't even been three hours and all I've done is be a nuisance even though everything is pointing toward me."