[23] Solitary Cell 47

"Amy Stake? Isn't that the victim's name from your case, [Y/N]?" Klavier puts a hand on his hips, wondering.

Kristoph and [Y/N] however, are left speechless. Is this even real? Amy is dead.

[Y/N]'s heartbeat picks up a pace and their eyes start to dart everywhere, beads of sweat slowly forming on their face. The piece of paper shakes alongside their trembling hands as they start to feel overwhelmed.

Their vision starts to spiral in a blur, noises start to sound distant. As if they're in a dream and nightmare simultaneously. It's numbing yet painful. Every sensory is peaked.

The brothers notice this and in an instant, Klavier snatches the paper away from them and Kristoph holds their shoulder, looking straight at them.

"[Y/N]. Calm down, it's only a letter. This could just be a childish prank someone pulled."

The effort is fruitless, it's all just muffled noises to [Y/N]. They start to mumble back to him.

"She's dead, right? I saw it. Is she haunting me? Am I cursed by her? This is definitely her handwriting," a bombard of questions is muttered under their breath.

"[Y/N]! Get yourself together, I'm right here." Their eyes lock with his and their breath becomes steadier. Klavier decides to pocket the letter for now as the mere thought of the victim being alive causes [Y/N] to have a panic attack.

Kristoph is guiding them to calmly inhale and exhale to calm down and once they successfully have their shit together they slump on the couch, forearms covering their face.

After having a steady rhythm in their breathing pattern, they sigh.

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overreact, fuck."

"It's fine," Klavier says, "none of us expected to read that so it's okay. You don't need to apologize for reacting in such a way." His brother agrees, "you've handled it well, honestly. But as I said, the letter can merely be a prank."

[Y/N] is still overridden from the previous adrenaline spike so they close their eyes and try to think coherently, "alright. Let's say it is some fucked up prank. Humor me this, who would even pull such a thing?"

The three of them go silent, thinking. Mostly [Y/N] and Kristoph, Klavier is really just there to help... somehow.

A name pops up in their minds.

Simultaneously, they announce, "Noddac Hiller."

"The... culprit?" Klavier asks. His brother affirms, "yes, albeit we have no idea how he could've even done something like this but he's our only guy."

He continues, "perhaps I should take a trip down to the cells and ask him directly. That sounds like something he wants out of this."

[Y/N] reluctantly agrees, "I should follow you."

"No," both brothers say in unison.

"We can't risk it, you stay here with me in the meantime. My brother can handle the interrogations." Klavier voices out. Kristoph nods to him, "it's best you avoid getting involved in this further. I can go myself." His eyes glance at his brother.

Yes, they should be safe here. If this were to turn out to be something worse, at the very least [Y/N] wouldn't have to experience unwanted memories flooding back to them. Ironically, he does think it's not as shallow as it seems.

He instructs Klavier to let them rest in his room, letting the person lie in their bed as of now. [Y/N] is in no place to object so they follow the younger brother as he supports them with an arm on their back.