[12] Sealed Deal

[12:15 PM - District Park]

The clear blue sky is decorated with white cottons of clouds, accompanied by the melodies of the chirping birds. The park has a lot of people whether it was exercising or walking pets. It's an ironic contrast between the atmosphere of the surrounding and the topic at hand.

[Y/N] plans to tell Kristoph everything that's gone down during the murder of their friend.

"Hm, this park seems busy for a place to discuss such a risky matter," he amused. The man doesn't have many expectations, he's rather intrigued by it. Humorous, so to say. A killer explaining their scheme in public with tons of potential witnesses? Interesting decision.

[Y/N] on the other hand, has their simple reasoning, "wouldn't it be more suspicious if it was only the two of us in a dark alleyway or a room? I'm already handling rumors at hand just by walking with your brother."

Kristoph finds it amusing, at least. Worst case scenario, someone just so happens to overhear their conversation and report it to the authorities which could lead them back to court and the blonde man would become a witness and suspect.

Although, he can simply slide a check and all of it will be swept under the rug.

"I am not my brother, [Y/N]. Barely anyone knows me out of court. Albeit, I'm not planning to go anywhere else so might as well," he dismisses it.

They both settle down on a bench facing the park. It certainly gives them a better view of the whole place. Seems very lively.

"Sure, at least we're out of that confined space from the cafe. If they had security cameras with mics on we would've been arrested. Very unlikely, but the possibility is there."

"Agreed. However, I can guarantee you there is none. I've had multiple discussions with client's contacts there," Kristoph pushes his glasses back. It's getting irritating to [Y/N] at this point. Plus, the glasses seem... thick.

"Could've told me sooner. Anyway back to what I was saying," they begin. "I commend you for knowing who the killer was only by visiting the crime scene but you don't know the full story behind it."

Amy Stake, the victim of the tragedy. Death by a plank. A mundane death.

Kristoph amuses them, "oh? So you are saying there's more than meets the eye. But of course, we both know that. After all..."

"Yeah, after all... I did kill Amy."

-----

[Day 2 - 11:30 AM - District Court - Detention Center]

"Hello, Mx. [L/N]. I believe I've just discovered who our killer is."

Kristoph Gavin trailed off, "it's you, isn't it?"

[Y/N] eyes went wide in disbelief, "what? Why would you even consider such a thing?"

The man showed them a picture frame he previously obtained from the crime scene. It was a picture of the three 'friends'. "I found this image and thought how uneasy this person looks which I assume to be the other so-called 'roommate'. They obviously have a medusa tattoo so you can put two and two together."

[Y/N] scoffed, "so? He could've gotten that from anyone else, maybe he just looks uneasy because he was tired. That sounds way more rational than your baseless theory."

They couldn't waste time thinking about where he found the picture frame, frankly, they almost forgot about it. Now that the cat is out of the bag, they have to try to lean this into another question or topic.

But before they could think of one, the blonde man chuckles at the thought, "baseless? well, I do hope this proves my point."

An envelope was slipped out from his inner overcoat pocket, the contents were opened and [Y/N] knew exactly which letter it was. They nor Hiller could never have mistaken it with another. Kristoph had such a keen eye. "Ah, the letter. Of course," they laugh. "Out of all things we burnt, thrown, disposed of, even dissolved and melted in hydrochloric acid...! Of course, you just had to find that single letter."