[21] Deja Vu...

[9:00 AM - [Y/N]'s Residence]

The new semester is approaching. [Y/N] needs to catch up, not that they need much. They already have the basics down - taught by the only as well. Nepotism goes hard.

It's finally the weekend and they're going to leave with Kristoph to do some grocery shopping for anything they need. Food seems to be the priority. The man called them beforehand earlier in the morning - which woke them up - to tell them they were leaving at 10.

[Y/N] stands up from their bed and stretches out with a yawn. They neatly make the bed and draw the curtains in their bedroom open. The harsh light makes them squint their eyes on instinct and they enter the bathroom after slinging a towel on their shoulder.

Having freshened up, they slip on a plain black turtleneck tucked in alongside a pair of beige pants. Rings decorated their fingers and they run their hands through their hair.

'Fresh,' they think. It has been quite a while since [Y/N] wore something decent honestly.

The person leaves their room, closing the door behind them, and beelines from the halls towards the living room. Ah, they forgot to turn off the TV from last night so that's where the noise was coming from.

The TV, playing a news broadcast, shows Kristoph's face which catches [Y/N]'s attention. They rest their hands on their hip and watched the news. It's about a recent case he won. Obviously, the defendant was found innocent by the court.

"Ugh, it's probably Payne. Even I can win that," they cross their arms.

[Y/N] pulls on the sleeves of the dark turtleneck and switches the channel on the TV, unamused. Cases regarding Kristoph don't pique their interest too much considering it's either he's good at his job or he just twists his words if the defendant is the culprit. That man has no sense of justice...

But one thing that always stands out to them is his cool-tempered personality. He always stays calm no matter the situation and reasons. That's something they need to learn from him, to be fair.

The television is playing a live sports broadcast from somewhere in the world even they're unaware of. However, it doesn't matter since [Y/N]'s isn't watching it anyway. They barely do. It's just there to fill the void of uncomfortable silence. The ringing of the ears when it's too silent for too long is unbearable.

They sit on the couch, legs prop up on the table as usual. It's still oh so early, having about 30 minutes until the man arrives so they decide to pass time with news articles. Pulling up their phone, the device detects their fingerprints and unlocks them as they swiftly open the tabloid of news.

Swiping one by one, an article about Klavier passes by.

This somehow gives them deja vu...

The article's headlines mention The Gavinners new album being released with the lineup containing a song named 'Atroquinine, My Love'. Frankly, that scared [Y/N] quite a bit but atroquinine is widely known and it's an elegant name so perhaps that's the reason the name is chosen... hopefully.

Their eyes skim through the page of words. The article tells about how impressive it is for Klavier to be doing both law and music. Literally, most of the article is about the Gavin. It leaves them thinking about the others, 'what about Daryan? Isn't he a cop too?'

Unfortunately, the reality of The Gavinners is having Klavier in the center leaving the rest of the band in blind spots. While they are known for being a band involved with the forces, the attention was directed specifically to the lead vocalist.

[Y/N]'s eyebrows draw closer the more they read so they put down their phone and sigh, rubbing their temple. The article is so biased for them to even care. Although, it's good that their new album is received well. Maybe they should take a listen to it, as well.

It's genuinely amazing how skilled the man is at handling two time-consuming jobs simultaneously. He even continued his semester in a foreign country while still going on tour back when he was 17. Seventeen! [Y/N] was probably in their room doing splotches of rejected artworks. 'Brings back memories,' they comment with a hint of sarcasm.

Tapping the screen twice, the rose gold phone reveals the time to be 9:45. Not much time left. As well as the battery...

The icon beeps at one bar with only 17% left. Not enough to last a day though enough for them to get a charger when going out. [Y/N] turns it off in defeat and lies back on the couch, closing their eyes. Only the sound of a stirring fan from above and the noises from the TV are heard.

It was quite peaceful albeit the absolute brightness of the surrounding is preventing them from actually dozing off. The shine casts a red layer on their perspective with their eyes closed. It ticks them off.

Clicking their tongue, [Y/N] puts their legs down and rubs their eyes, face contorting to an annoyed one. 

Coincidentally, the bell buzzes signaling a person from the opposite side of the door. They get up and smooth out their outfit and make their way to the wooden entrance and peek through the eyehole. Surely enough it's Kristoph Gavin. They heave a sigh of relief. Perfect timing.

The sound of clacking metal from the slide handles is heard and after a rustle from the bronze doorknob, the door creaks open. The blonde man from the other side is sporting a casual white shirt with a brown sweater on top as well as a pair of gray slacks. His hair is surprisingly tied in a lower bun, something [Y/N] has never seen before.

Kristoph greets them with a smile, "good morning, darling. Shall we go?"

Wasting no time, they slide their phone into the back pocket and close the door, locking it. "Good morning, Kristoph. Of course, let's go," they smile.

The expression makes the man pause for a slight moment. It isn't anything dramatic, he just hasn't seen them actually being happy to see him - not to count smiling.

[Y/N] walks in front of him and he follows suit, covering his warmed face. That smile is gonna be etched in his mind forever. His unconsciously tensed shoulders loosen up and he gains his composure as usual.

It's going to be a great day just for the two of them.

----

[E/N]

I wish I'm making this up but our finals history paper got leaked and the entire nation has to retake this forsaken paper LMFAO goofy asses (I hate this subject).

As usual, thank you for reading! Really, it means a lot to us and keeps us motivated to continue this silly book.

Revised.