[16] Themis Legal Academy

[A/N]

Mini fanservice, knock yourself out.

---

[11:00 AM - Themis Legal Academy]

A clear blue sky decorated with splashes of cloud covers the atmosphere above. Sounds of students promoting their courses are heard below.

Today is the open house day for Themis Legal Academy. [Y/N] had asked Kristoph to accompany them and see the site which he gladly accepted. He even cleared his schedule for the day just for them.

"Woah you used to study here? This place is genuinely huge," they gape in awe. The campus spread wide to the point they had to actually use a car to travel between lecture halls.

"Not quite," the man beside them answers. "I studied here for one semester before continuing overseas with my brother".

"Ah, I see," [Y/N] nods. They're both currently walking around the main hall and viewing what the students are promoting.

At first [Y/N] was a bit confused to hear there were even promotions, 'aren't legal academies supposed to promote, well, legal education?'

It turns out there were a variety of choices ranging from defense attorneys and prosecutions to judges.

The former catches [Y/N]'s attention, specifically.

"I didn't realize they had different courses for each role here," the voice. Kristoph pushes his glasses back with a smile and says, "of course. Every assigned person plays a different role in the courtroom after all."

Whilst they're walking, the crowd seems to slowly get packed and they keep losing touch with each other. It ticks [Y/N] off to be separated from Kristoph so once they get to him again they link their arms crossed.

The man is taken aback at the sudden gesture and freezes for a moment before relaxing and letting the person attach to him.

"Do you not like crowded areas?" He asks casually, trying to hide his slowly heating face.

"Kind of, we kept getting separated because it's way too crowded..." they shake their head, completely oblivious to what they've done.

Kristoph suggests they go and take a stroll outside instead but they refuse, "no, it's fine... as long as I'm with you right now."

He simply chuckles at the response.

They continue to walk around every stall, examining what the students are promoting.

Boards of information are lined up on the walls with occasional images of interest shown on every cubicle-like stall. Although what catches their attention isn't the infographics but the sound. A man... shouting?

No, it's a student talking to himself.

"What a lively soul," Kristoph comments which [Y/N] slightly laughs. "He sure sounds passionate, seems like a student too."

Subconsciously, [Y/N] slowly drags both of them to the source of the sound. It indeed is a student from the defense attorney department.

Sporting the academy uniform with a peculiar hairstyle, the man named Apollo Justice - the name he keeps yelling - seems really nervous.

"I'm Apollo Justice and I'm fine!"

[A/N]
WAIT IT'S KIND OF CRINGEY ACTUALLY TYPING IT OUT I'M GOING TO CRY.

"Woah, calm down there. It's just an exhibition," [Y/N] laughs. The boy jolts in shock once he notices there was a person at his booth.

"Ah- I'm sorry. Was I too loud?" He scratches the back of his head in embarrassment.

'Yes.'

"It's fine, it's always nice to have an energetic soul," Kristoph smiles at him. Now he's even more nervous when he realizes one of the best attorneys visited his booth.

"Mr. Gavin! Uh- What brings you here?" He tries to speak. What an anxious mess. [Y/N] finds it both adorable and... somewhat pitiful.

Kristoph gestures to the person next to him, "this is my partner, Mx. [L/N]. They're going to attend the academy soon so I'm bringing them here for a tour." He pushes his glasses, "coincidentally, Themis Legal Academy had an open house so this is a perfect opportunity."

[Y/N]'s face grows warm at the reference, 'oh. I'm still holding onto his arm.' It would seem weird if he referred to them as a friend.

Apollo nods and enthusiastically explains his course in which [Y/N] listens to every detail.

As expected, they find the most interest in the attorney's section. They already know about the rest but want to guarantee that this will be the very course they will be pouring blood, sweat, and tears into.

The man in the blue overcoat remains silent the entire way, his face is unreadable as usual with a smile plastered. [Y/N] is so used to seeing that smile that they can almost tell it's somewhat fake.

The student asks, "so, what do you think?" He has gained more confidence after thoroughly explaining, albeit he was stuttering but it faded along the way. "It sounds absolutely amazing, thank you," [Y/N] smiles. "What about you, Kristoph?"

The man looks at them, "well if you ask a defense attorney on that, darling..." He laughs. 'Oh right, how stupid,' they mentally facepalm.

Apollo looks at them and feels like he's bothering the moment so he slowly retreats, "aha, he is the best, after all. You two should get going before the rest of the exhibition is too filled." [Y/N] agrees and the boy bids them both farewell. "Man, me and who...?"

In the midst of making their way to several other booths, [Y/N] nudges the man beside them, "If I'm being honest, I already know all these things, I just wanted to know the details of the attorneys' course," they giggle.

Kristoph's eyes unnoticeably widen, and his fake smile is replaced with a sincere one, "I see, that's good. We can head out if you want, maybe get brunch." The man pushes his glasses as his palm hides his reddened face.

Maybe it's the linked arms to keep them from getting apart but this whole moment feels warm to him despite it not lasting long. He will certainly cherish it.

"Sounds great! Let's go to a cafe, I've always wanted to try out pastries. Bet you'll just drink early grey again," they laugh. The blonde man is yet again surprised. 'They remember my favorite drink?'

It doesn't seem like much but the gesture means a lot to him. Although he refuses to agree with himself, perhaps [Y/N] matters more to him in other means.

---

[E/N]

Revised. We a little delulu but it's okay.