[13] Powerbank and Cord

Kristoph Gavin is a twisted man. He cares not for those but only himself. Any means neccessary to achieve what he wants in the simplest manners. He never thought he'd meet someone that shares his ideology yet there they are, sitting beside him at the very moment.

"Is the cat out of the bag for me? That was rather anticlimatic for a reveal, don't you think so?" The man clicks his glasses. "You're very pushy, [Y/N]. I dislike that in a person though I don't mind if it's coming from you."

What [Y/N] has said was a gamble, a pure baseless gut feeling. Even now they're unsure whether or not Kristoph is playing tricks on them but if he is, they'll play along for now.

The atmosphere around them is muted as if they're in a separate world themselves. Perhaps this is better for them. Like a capsule with only them in it. No outside voice can interfere.

"Kristoph, I don't care about dramatic reveals as long as I get the info I want and I couldn't care less if it's a disadvantage to you either. Ironically enough, I assume you'd say the same as well."

"I applaud your observations once again. We've only met for a few days yet it feels like it's been years. I'm going to get straight to the point and say it since I find it to be beneficial to both parties and I have not much time left," the man fixes his overcoat lapel and continues, "[Y/N], I an here to pose an offer which only you can recieve."

[Y/N] is being extremely cautious, while everything was according to their simple gut feeling, they still cannot predict Kristoph Gavin himself, "I'm listening, make it quick."

"As of now I assume Edgeworth has set out to investigate the case further which could potentially leave me at risk as well. My offer is simple," he says. "You join me in covering up every evidence to the final particle and once everything ends, you get to decide what you want to do without worrying about being involved with me."

[Y/N] ponders for a moment, 'getting completely unrelated with Kristoph once this whole things end?' It sounds nice to them but at the same time they prefer to be around someone who carries the same emotions as them. "... I'm in about escaping the prosecution," they pause for a moment. The thought of leaving him feels quite... uneasy? Even they didn't know how to describe the feeling but they certainly do not like it. They continue, "but even after everything is solved can we still be in touch? I'm not sure about working under your law office yet for now though."

Safe to say the man sitting beside them is more than delighted to hear the answer. His face creeps up a smile as his glasses shine. "Certainly, you're more than welcomed to work with me any time. You see, I find you the most relatable person thus far if not at all." It really doesn't sound like a compliment to [Y/N] considering it came from Kristoph Gavin himself but it was pleasant to hear.

"A deal is sealed then. What's your plan?"

---

[Y/N] returns to their appartment after Kristoph drops them off. Those few hours of talking felt like an eternity to them but a quick glance at the clock says otherwise. 'It's only been 3 hours?' The porcelain white clock strikes 2:10 PM. It's still early in the day for them to just sleep it out.

"Ah. I forgot about the chargers again," they remind themselves. [Y/N] runs their hand through their hair as they beelines towards the bedroom and opening their luggage, attempting to find a spare charger.

To their dismay, there is none.

[Y/N] groans and plops into the bed. springing up slightly. All they need is a simple charger, at this rate they're gonna die of boredom and greet Amy 6 feet under. While they're still energized, they can't say the same mentally. They've been consuming too much information in a short amount of time it's driving them insane. 'Damn, and I haven't even started my semester'.