[27] Murder Motive

[10:00 AM - Ivy University Dormitory - Fine Arts Dept.]

Kristoph and [Y/N] are currently in the old dorm that used to belong to them alongside Amy and Noddac.

Kristoph had advised they go together to see if they could find any clue regarding what this 'Amy' is scheming.

The dorm looks less abrupt with the removed investigations tape. The yellow lines screaming 'DO NOT ENTER' was quite irritating to Kristoph, honestly. Thankfully, they've removed all the traces of the disposable evidence like blood, body outline, and so on - only things to note and not minute details, which is what they're here for.

The man is relieved [Y/N] doesn't have to see the setting of their dorm while it was under investigation. It would seem too.. 'invading', so to say.

The pair look around the room, while most things are in place, [Y/N] still notices some items missing from their original spots. The man beside them notices their pondering look, "some of the things are either taken away as evidence or disposed of by the crime scene cleaner."

[Y/N] nods at the simple explanation, "oh, I see. Hopefully, they didn't take away anything that could be important to us..." Kristoph agrees.

The dormitory seems tidy in the front part, obviously. The messy part is only in the workshop further ahead. Before going there, [Y/N] and Kristoph separate to explore the personal rooms. The former goes to Amy's room while the latter enters [Y/N]'s room... for some reason.

Drawn to it, he supposes.

... sure.

[ 10:05 AM - Amy Stake's Room ]

The room was small, shaped like a perfect cube. The bed already takes up nearly half of the space while Amy's study desk was on its left side, sitting at the opposite of the opened door.

[Y/N] flicks on the switch and a cool-toned ceiling light beams from above. The cubic space looks neat. All the books are aligned on top of the floating shelf above the desk, and a tall study lamp is clamped on the wooden panel. A wardrobe is placed on the right side of the room, in front of the bed. The bed itself, however, is messy with unfolded sheets and scattered pillows.

'Well, I guess it makes sense since she just walked out in the middle of the night...'

They walk towards the bed and folded the sheets. Doesn't hurt to tidy up. The weighted blanket feels heavy when raised, making [Y/N] jealous of the comfort. 'It must've felt like a hug every time she used this...'

Once finished, they glance over at the desk beside the single bed. The floating shelf held maybe over a dozen books, ranging from history to tutorials. Inspecting the row of blocks, [Y/N] notices one of them that stands out more than the rest.

It doesn't have a label on its spine.

Their hands tug on the upper side of the book, slipping it out. It's not as thick as the other books as well. They run their hand on the hardcover of the unnamed book.

...

[Y/N] sets the book on top of the desk and slides out a foldable chair from underneath it. The chair was cranked open with a creak and snap. It won't break, probably. The person sits on the risky chair anyway and opens the book.

Their eyes wander from page to page, it seems to be a casual sketchbook... Some scribbles here and there with most of them being full sketches or rendered drawings.

However, after a flip at half of the solid book, [Y/N]'s eyes widen in shock to see the contents.

'This is... a diary log?'