Prologue

A child of about five years old sits on his mother's lap, by the open window enjoying the warm sunlight that seeps into the room.

"Dear Cale, do you remember when we went to one of the Henituse hills?"

The mother stroked her son's red hair which was the exact color of hers.

"Of course."

The son nodded enthusiastically at his mother's question.

"That's when we saw a tree being cut, and did you see anything in the trunk of that tree?"

The boy turned to look at his mother, his reddish-brown irises meeting the same color.

"Hum...there's a circle on the tree trunk!"

"That's right, the circle is called a ring, and it contains everything the tree has been through in its life."

The mother then kissed the top of her child's head, then cupped her son's cheeks. After pressing the round and white cheeks like cookie dough, the mother then looked deeply into her son's eyes and began to speak again.

"But not all trees have the same rings."

Furious to see her child looking at his innocently and eyes sparkling, the mother began to play more on her child's cheeks until the white color became a little reddish.

"There are trees with different rings, because their timing is different."

The mother finally stopped playing her son's cheeks and started looking into his eyes again.

"Dear Cale, one day you will also have your own time."

There was no answer, the child just nodded innocently even though he didn't understand what his mother was talking about.

He would remember it and perhaps understand later.

.

.

.

Two years passed just like that, Cale had a fever. Now seven years old, doctors say the gender of the two will be revealed soon.

The Henituse couple said they would not question the gender of their two sons, after all Henituse is a neutral family away from politics.

Even the Count himself insisted there would be no political marriage.

Cale recovered from the fever after seven days, it was longer than it should have been, but the Countess assured the Count there would be nothing wrong with her child.

After that it was revealed Cale became an omega, even so there wasn't much spotlight on that. After all Henituse besides his wealth, had nothing else that could help in gaining power among the Nobles.

.

.

.

Cale was hiding in the trees not far from Henituse castle along with his Hyung, Eric Whelsman the son of the Count Whelsman family.

The place was too wide to be just a tree, almost close to a forest. It's just that every tree there is well cared for and does not have wild animals. Cale often called it a Pet Forest because of the vastness of the place.

But no matter how large the place was, somehow her mother could always find them.

Now that they were standing under a tree, with Cale's mother crossing her arms in front of them, it was clear from her expressions the maids must be making a fuss because they had disappeared somewhere.