Chapter 21

The creak of the horse carriage echoed throughout the village streets, Cale for the first time since he was 10 years old finally returned to the Henitue territory.

There are only two possibilities when the Royal family returns their fiancé to his family home, the first is that they want to break off the engagement or move on to the next level.

Even though many nobles already knew about Cale and the Crown Prince's engagement, but it was only among the Nobles, almost all of the people of the Roan Kingdom didn't know about the engagement.

News of the Crown Prince sending Cale back should have spread widely among the nobles as well, Cale and Alberu had been unofficially engaged for about seven years now and there had been no sign of an officialization since Cale first came to the palace.

The nobles of course would most likely expect the crown prince to send Cale home to cancel the engagement.

After all the crown prince had benefited greatly from this unofficial engagement and shouldn't need it anymore.

But Alberu had a different plan.

Cale who was currently seventeen years old had a beautiful appearance with his beautiful long red hair, Alberu had discussed this with Cale before.

Alberu wanted to formalize their engagement in front of all the people of the Roan Kingdom when Cale was eighteen years old, but before that there was a tradition that had to be followed which was that they couldn't live in the same house together first.

Alberu thought it was an unnecessary tradition but nevertheless it was one of the important events, If it turns out that the couple doesn't want to continue their relationship, in which case they can just finish it.

So in short it's time to rethink.

And as a result the decision was made to repatriate the current Cale to the Henituse family's home.

Thud thud.

Cale was tapping his finger on the window pane looking at the scenery outside, normally Cale would only quietly come out for a walk in the capital or go to the villa.

But this time he really was going back to his father's house.

How will they welcome him? It must be very awkward.

The last time Cale saw them was when he was fifteen, it was also the first time Cale saw Lily.

When the Countess was pregnant her father didn't tell her anything at all, they just suddenly came and introduced her to their new son who was already quite old by then.

Cale remembered being shocked and frustrated when he found out that the Countess had been pregnant for a long time, but no one had tried to tell him.

Cale was very sad and locked himself inside his room for days and that was also the first time he had started drinking.

Even though Cale had never said it to anyone, to be honest the dreams that Cale had every day had changed his mindset.

Cale saw himself in the dream as someone else, eating and joking with people he clearly cared about, drinking and doing a lot of things.

Even though Cale didn't really know them but he felt they were important people to him, so Cale tried to get used to it and turn those dreams into useful things for himself.

"Young Master, we are almost at the gates of the Hentuse realm."

Ron told Cale from outside the carriage.

"I want a quick rest."

Cale simply expressed his opinion, the ride on the kiddie carriage was tiring. Cale wanted to arrive quickly and rest on the soft and comfortable mattress.