Chapter 9

Days continued to pass in the Palace, months passed and soon after winter passed, finally welcoming the anniversary of Alberu's mother's death, and not long after it was Alberu's sixteenth birthday in the spring.

The palace didn't hold any memorial services and the King was also completely uninterested, Alberu came to visit his mother's grave as usual alone.

And on his birthday, the Royal Palace did not celebrate it either, only giving gifts and congratulations.

Not much has changed from previous years.

Alberu's work increased with age, tonight there would be a spring welcoming party for the nobles, and Alberu who had managed to control some administrative matters had to attend a party this time as unusual as he wasn't even invited.

"Dear nephew, here are the clothes for you."

Tasha came to his room with new clothes for Alberu, clothes that were simple but enough to wear at a party.

"Auntie, I'm still busy I will prepare later."

"Geez, you should prepare now to look good at the party!"

Alberu simply ignored his aunt as he continued to work on the remaining documents on his desk.

"Alberu, leave that to your fiancé you taught him, right?"

Alberu looked up from all his documents, that was a good idea actually. Alberu knew Cale was smart enough, but to leave all his work to Cale while he was at the party... Alberu initially thought of taking him, but it was too dangerous.

To carry the First Prince's fiancé with such a weak position yet always manage to become a thorn in the other Prince's success was so dangerous, who knew what could happen at that party to a small child like Cale?

On top of that Cale also refused to attend, and there was no necessity for him to accompany the Prince as long as their engagement had not been formalized.

"So what are you waiting for Alberu, hurry up and leave that to your fiancé."

"No auntie, I can still finish it."

Alberu thought that even if Cale couldn't come with him at least he could do what he wanted here and not with all these documents.

"Okay okay, but you have to get ready soon, okay?"

"Yes, aunt."

Alberu worked on his paperwork faster, it was getting late and when he thought there was less left and he could finish it after the party, he started to stand up from his chair to get ready quickly.

.

.

.

Night fell and many noble carriages began to line up towards the main palace.

The annual spring dance was held in the main palace, the Queen was the one who was always in charge of organizing this kind of annual party.

Alberu as the first Prince never again attended any party not long after losing completely the King's attention, but this time even if no one wanted him to he had to attend because of all the effort he had put in.

Over the past few months since Cale's arrival, Alberu had managed to establish his position in the state administration project, Alberu had even managed to improve his Palace's finances despite still losing to the other Princes but it was only a matter of time and more hard work for Alberu to solidify his position.

Alberu saw a set of clothes and accessories that his aunt brought, this would be his debut as a real Prince, present without the help of his parents, of course instead of congratulating Alberu would get more curses.