Chapter 11

Alberu ended up escaping onto the balcony, seeing how many Ladies and Young Masters had approached him earlier, everyone in the ballroom would definitely think he was with someone, such rumors wouldn't have much effect.

Alberu looked at the overcast night sky, the night wind was quite cold and it had been raining a lot lately. He hoped Cale would stay in his Palace as he said, Cale wandered here and there a lot, and with so many guests at the party there was no telling who he would meet.

"Sigh..."

Recently Alberu had been worrying about Cale a lot, a while ago when Cale was wandering around alone outside his Palace, Cale accidentally got close to the Queen's Palace and met the third Prince.

Luckily nothing happened.

His servant immediately discovered that Cale had gone too far from his Palace and immediately looked for him.

Recently there were rumors saying that the King liked the Third Prince very much, the Third Prince was the one who sent the most spies on Alberu and was pretty much responsible for his plight, as his mother was the Queen of high power.

Alberu recalled what Cale said as he asked.

At first Cale was just strolling in the courtyard of Alberu Palace, but the elementals led Cale to a path they found, but instead he got lost and ended up running into the Third Prince.

Cale said the Third Prince was asking about Alberu, Cale only replied that Alberu was fine and didn't say anything else important, seemed to be trying to take advantage of Cale who looked innocent.

Then realizing Cale was quite smart, the Third Prince even tried to persuade him to come often to his Palace and hang out with him, but immediately ran away when he saw Ron.

At least that Third Prince didn't have enough guts to injure Cale even if he had the chance.

Sraak.

Alberu heard a sound from the balcony curtain behind him and turned around, seeing who it was that dared to disturb him.

"Greetings to the First Prince."

It turned out to be Countess Violan.

"I thought you were here with someone, but you're not."

Alberu gave the Countess a beautiful smile.

"I thought the Countess had something to talk to me about?"

The Countess looked around the balcony and confirmed that it was really Alberu alone here.

"I just wanted to make sure that my son's fiancé was with someone else in a place like this, Prince."

"Don't worry, I won't do anything of the sort, and it seems the Count and Countess have taken enough care of Cale."

Countess Violan tossed her fan in front of her face gracefully.

"Of course, Cale is our child."

'Oh?'

"It's true that Cale is your son, but surely there will be a difference between a biological child and a step son right, Countess?"

The Countess narrowed her eyes slightly at Alberu's words.

"Prince, the Count has steered clear of Cale for some time because of his grief at the death of his ex-wife, and we sent Cale here because we didn't want to be branded as traitors for disobeying the King's orders."

Alberu nodded at the Countess' words.

Yes, it was possible that Count Deruth had only temporarily distanced himself from Cale, moreover seeing that there was no resemblance between Cale and his father, so it was obvious how similar Cale was to his mother.