Chapter 8

A few weeks after the incident had passed peacefully, Cale still often came to the Prince's study, sometimes Alberu would teach him difficult things to understand about politics making Alberu impressed with Cale's intelligence.

Cale still often fed Alberu when he became too busy, Alberu knew it was just an ordinary innocent intention but why did he feel taken advantage of?

Even so Alberu still accepted the food Cale had given him because he didn't want to receive the death stares of his scary fiancee's maid.

It was now afternoon, Cale and Alberu were sitting by the window of Alberu's study while drinking tea with some textbooks.

Looking out the window, the white snow was a stark contrast to the red sky from the setting sun.

"Prince, I heard there will be a storm tonight."

Cale started a conversation with Alberu who was turning the pages of the book while sipping his tea.

"Hmm."

Very short answer solid and clear.

"How about sleeping in my room?"

"Cough!"

Prince coughed, Cale thought maybe because today's tea was a little sour.

"Hey, what are you planning to do?"

The prince frowned and looked Cale in the eye.

"We'll sleep in my warmer room, unlike yours which looks like it's about to freeze, Ron has put in some new heaters in there."

Well, what to expect from this kid?

Cale was only ten years old, unlike Alberu who in a few months would be sixteen.

Not long after winter had passed was the anniversary of his mother's death, and welcoming spring was Alberu's birthday, unlike Cale who was born in early winter, Alberu was born in early spring.

Alberu saw Cale's hopeful gaze, is he lonely in the palace? Well, Cale only had two waiters, one was cold enough to stay in the kitchen while the other definitely couldn't be considered a playmate.

"Okay."

It wasn't a bad idea, of course Alberu agreed not because of Cale's pleading gaze.

.

.

.

Finally the sky started to get darker, just as Cale said, outside it started to rain snow and strong winds.

Now Cale and Alberu in their pajamas were sitting on the thick carpet in the middle of Cale's room with a blanket, hot drink and cake.

Alberu looked at Cale's entire room, all the old things had been replaced, one part of the wall only contained wooden shelves filled with books.

The entire marble floor that previously looked ghastly was now covered in a special layer with a simple but beautiful pattern and most of the floor was covered in velvet carpet.

Oh, there were also some thicker and furry rugs by the window and a bookshelf with lots of pillows, Cale seemed to be lying there often reading, that's why the maid put thicker and softer pillows and rugs there.

There were magical devices that warmed the room in every corner, canopy beds with special curtains that acted as mosquito nets that kept the cold winds from hitting the people inside.

Everything looks simple from the outside, but with the best quality. Alberu wondered how much money the Count had given his son.

The Count seemed to replace all his attention with money.