Damn It

Nola
Chapter 8
Jan 13,2018

I licked my lips and placed my head in my hands. My head was pounding. This case was looking like it was shaping up into a long trial. Gigi had sent me home earlier, but I came straight to my office. I groaned as my head started to spin which made the room spin.

"I will kill them all," I mumbled trying to get my shit together.

Robyn was gonna be so damn sad and mad, I was gonna be gone for a few months and I'm sick. I hate to leave her sometimes. Especially now, her father and mother have started to reach out to her again. She has been a little lot  more sensitive and mean. I groaned and laid my head on my desk.. a lot more mean though.

"Baby, yuh still working?" She asked as I felt her presence in the room.

"Mhmm," I said as I felt my wife's hand on my back.

"Yuh look like shit," she said as her voice was starting to make my ears hurt.

"Mmm I feel like shit," I said as my voice cracked and my ears started to ring.

I had been working on this case non stop and taking care of a house full of sick people. Then trying to avoid Robyn's mean ass.

"Nola yuh  burning up baby," she said as her hand lightly touched the back of my neck.

"If I am, it's your fault," I mumbled as I felt sleep overtake me.

"Nola, go take a shower and I'll make yuh soup," she said as she rubbed my neck.

"Mmm I will, but first I need to try and finish putting this together," I said and slowly sat up.

I groaned as I looked at my computer and my head started to swim. I swear if I'm sick I'm gonna fight everybody. How everybody got sick I don't know but I was fine until an hour ago.

"No. I'm pulling meh wife card. Gigi called meh.Go get ya ass in de shower," she said firmly as she pulled my chair from behind the desk.

"You are so worrisome and Imma fight Gigi," I said and laughed as she pushed me out of my office and down the hall.

"Yuh are a workaholic. Yuh still haven't taken off like yuh promise me yuh wud  last year," she said.

"Don't you start with me woman," I said as she pushed me into our room.

"Don't yuh start with meh.That's why yuh sick now. Yuh doing too fucking much," she said and spun me around as I groaned.

"After this case yuh are taking off for real. This one is stressing Yuh out," she said as her eyes softened.

I licked my lips and nodded. For some reason I couldn't fight her on this. It was probably because I'm getting sick or I just didn't want my wife upset and coming to find me anymore. I think seeing Mila go through it with Major being a way has put things into perspective for me. That and Robyn has been hitting me with what if's lately.

"No. Nova let me hear yuh say it this time Papi," she said and smirked as she placed her hand on the back of my neck and began to loosen my tie.

"Okay imma call off for awhile, but I'm not gonna lie.  I been missing you undressing my ass like a baby and begin nice," I said as she laughed and pulled my tie off.

"Yuh like?" She asked and tossed my tie to the floor  as she began to unbutton my shirt.

"Robyn, if I had it in me I would fuck you," I said as she giggled.

"I'll undress yuh  no matter what Yuh got on if Yuh like it," she said as she stared at me and smirked.

"You gotta stop talking to Mila," I said as she laughed and stood up.

"Nope. Now go wash," she said and winked as she walked out the bedroom and I chuckled and groaned.

I slowly stood up and kicked off my shoes and started to strip out of my clothes as I walked to the bathroom. A shower sounds good. My chest was getting tight.