Chapter 2

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"!!!"

Namae woke up as she heard that very same sound that came from her nightmare. It was the alarm.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"Hah, hah, when the hell did I even buy an alarm clock? Hah, wtf." She panted as she turned off the alarm.

"...."

Everything was silent around her.

She looked at her hands. Close, open, close, and open. She could move her hands freely.

Based on her observation, it seems like she lived despite the fact that she just drank five pills in one go last night.

'...I should pray often.'

She looked for her phone and found it under the bedsheets.

5:27 am. Starting today, her work will start at 7 am. It was only 9 am yesterday because a reporting took place but her regular working hours were usually around 7 am.

Namae got up from her bed and prepared herself. She took a bath and dressed up later on. Her hair was still wet so she just let it loose for now.

She ate bread and jam for breakfast.

*Cough* *Cough!*

She needed water asap since she got choked.

"Haghh, I thought I was gonna die there." She sighed deeply while wiping the tear from her eye.

She patted her chest as she breathed in and out.

After which, she was ready to go.

Namae rode a bus towards her company.

It took her fifteen minutes to finally arrive there. She got off from the bus as soon as it went to a stop.

"Sei-san!" Suddenly, someone called out to her.

"Ah, good morning Nobara-san."

"Good morning." Nobara smiled.

The two of them then walked together.

"Did you hear? We're going to have a new colleague." Nobara whispered.

"Really? They're accepting employees in the middle of the year? Is it a woman?"

"Yup. And I heard that she looks insanely pretty!"

"Hm." Namae just hummed in response.

'Hmm a new one in the middle of the year and someone who is insanely pretty... She must be having a sugar daddy as a strong backup.' Namae swallowed her thoughts as she shrugged.

Nobara and Namae arrived in their office area at the same time.

After few minutes, the manager arrived together with a certain someone.

"Attention everyone." The manager uttered.

Namae just sat down on her seat and she organized the things on her table first.

"We have a new employee. Introduce yourself." He said to the person beside him.

Everyone's eyes were focused on the newly arrived person.

Namae then turned her attention to this 'new colleague' that everyone talked about.

'Hm? She seems familiar.'

Golden blonde hair that went down to her shoulders and that deep blue eyes were one of her recognizable traits. She had soft features and her aura was like light itself.

"Good morning everyone! My name is Ito Kana. I hope you treat me well!" Kana bowed as she greeted them.

*Clap* *Clap*

Everyone applauded, seeing Kana's cheerful and determined introduction.

"Holy sh't." Namae muttered a whisper.

Her eyes looked like it was about to pop any time now. She couldn't believe what she was seeing right now.

Kana felt Namae's eyes on her and the two of them locked gazes.

'Oh no dude.'

Kana just smiled at her and bowed her head as a greeting.

'That bright female lead halo and dumb features.. crap, it's really her.' Namae deviated her gaze from her.

How could she forget it? Ito Kana was the heroine of the novel; Sweet Attraction.

Though it doesn't really make sense as to how this is happening right now.

'Are my dreams merging into reality? Or is the novel just starting? Am I still inside the novel? Am I still a mob character? Is that why they don't have any Sweet Attraction books here? But my cousin Yurika is here in this world.. why? Then, don't tell me that the CEO of this company is.. that yandere? No, maybe there are no other characters here. Right? Or maybe my dream was a premonition. A bad one.'

Tons of questions and theory bombarded Namae's mind. It was endless.

'Maybe I'm still dreaming right now.'

Namae pinched her cheek as hard as she can.

'It doesn't hurt-! No, I'm immune to pinching.'

Since she didn't feel any pain from the pinch, she just went ahead and slapped herself.

*SLAP!*

"...."

"Sei-san, are you alright?" Nobara worriedly asked.

"It hurts."

"What?"

"Ha. It hurts. Why does it hurt? This damned life. Haha." Namae was in dilemma. She looked crazy as she was in total confusion right now.

"A-Are you alright?" Nobara sked once again.

"Oh, don't mind me. I'm just trying to accept my tragic situation."

"...?"

"...Let's get back to work."

...

*Crack*

"Ahh, that felt good." Namae sighed as she cracked her back, neck and fingers.

It was already lunch time and Namae was still suffering from overthinking.

"Sei-san, are you not going to eat?" Nobara and other colleagues asked her.

"I'm fi-"

*Groowl*

"...."

"...."

"I'm gonna go eat." She stood up from her seat.

"Oh, let's also ask Ito-san." One of them suggested.

"Yeah!" All of them agreed.

"Ito-san!" One of the colleagues called out.

"Hm?" Kana turned her sight towards them.

"Let's eat together!"

"...Oh, sure!" She smiled brightly in response.

"Ahh, Ito-san is so pretty."

"I know, she's like the light."

While the others were flocking around Kana, Namae wasn't feeling so well om the other hand.

"I'll excuse myself first." Namae separated from the crowd.

"???" Everyone wondered at her sudden action.

Namae walked towards the restroom in a quick manner and when she arrived there, she rinsed her face.

She looked at herself in the mirror.

"Sei Namae... haha."

"We're going to quit this company for real before any cliché takes place."