Chapter 15

*Splash*

"Hahh..."

Namae sighed as she looked at her reflection on the mirror.

She looked at her face closely and silently observed it. She tried to change her expressions many times and thought of something.

"Was I always this pretty?" She gasped, as if she was shocked.

She was looking at her reflection like it was the first time she's seeing her pretty self.

Her perfectly-lined brows, her dewy black upturned eyes, her high-bridged nose, her lips... Her face, packed with her gorgeous silky black hair... It was really beautiful.

"I'm better off as a heroine. Hahaha who am I kidding." She laughed at herself.

'Anyways... I can't believe myself. No, I've always been like this. Giving in to money, that is. But, it feels like déjà vu.'

She felt like she already experienced something like this already.

"Right, it was my dreams." Namae realized it.

"...."

Setting that aside, she just disregarded those things about her dreams and that freaking Sweet Attraction story. It doesn't matter anyway.

What matters is the present.

The present, where she's staying in a lovely house. The present, where she has a large salary.

"Hmm~♪ hm~♪"

Namae walked out of the restroom whilst humming. Realizing the time, it was already lunchtime.

So she just walked straightaway to the cafeteria.

*Ring* *Ring*

Namae picked up her phone.

"Hello?"

"Namae you whore! How dare you move somewhere else! Where are you staying right now huh? Tell me!"

"May I know who this is?" Namae feigned ignorance.

She knew well whom that ugly-ass voice belonged and she didn't want to start her day badly by being angry.

"Your mother! Tell me, where are you currently staying-"

"I'm sorry but I don't have a mother. You must've called the wrong number. Bye."

"Nama-!"

*Beeeeeeeep*

Namae hanged up and blocked her number. 'Should've blocked it a long time ago.'

She put her phone in her pocket and sighed.

*Crack*

She cracked her neck as well as her fingers.

"What a way to ruin my mood."

...

"Sei-san, are you alright?" Nobara tapped her shoulder as her other hand carried a tray.

"Hm? What're you talking about?" Namae answered as she continued to munch on her food.

She arrived in the cafeteria minutes ago and she was eating a huge amount of food. After all, she hadn't eaten anything since morning.

Nobara sat beside her and put her tray on the table.

"You're eating more than usual lately. Are you stressed?"

"No. Well, maybe yes. But no."

"You're complicated." Nobara chuckled.

"I am."