Chapter 43

"Woah, so this is Korea." Namae's eyes had hearts in it.

She finally arrived at the airport and the area was loaded with foreigners.

The airport was astounding. It looked like a mall rather than an airport itself.

'Holy moly, there are so many oppas here!'

"Everyone is so tall."

Namae dragged her luggage and stopped by a nearby stall to buy some snacks.

"Annyeonghaseyo." The stall staff greeted Namae.

[A/n: italic words are spoken in korean]

Namae forgot one important thing before coming to Korea.

She forgot that she was not in a novel anymore. Meaning, there's no such thing as an author's flaw. With that, she couldn't understand nor speak another language outside Japan.

'Dumb sh't.'

"What would you like to have, miss?" The woman asked.

"Ahh, Namae you stupid dimwit." She mumbled to herself. She literally couldn't understand a thing what the woman said to her earlier.

"Pardon?" The woman also couldn't understand Namae. Most of the employees that are in the airport knew how to speak in English but not Japanese.

"I apologize, miss. Do you understand English?" The woman spoke English in american accent.

Namae was in dillema. Aside from Japanese, she completely understood the English language but she doesn't know how to speak it fluently.

Namae just smiled at her.

'I probably look like an idiot.'

"Woah, you are so pretty, miss." The woman muttered.

"???" Namae had no idea what she was saying but it was probably something good.

"Excuse me." Someone suddenly patted Namae from behind.

"Hm?"

Namae turned around and saw an incredibly beautiful middle-aged woman standing behind her. The woman had long silky, black hair and deep black eyes. Black hair and black eyes were probably common in Korea.

'She looks like she's already married but damn, her beauty never aged.'

"Are you Japanese?" The woman asked in fluent Japanese.

"Ah, yes! It's nice to meet you." Namae bowed. She was happy to meet a fellow citizen in another country.

"I noticed you had a hard time ordering food. Perhaps I could help you with that?"

"Really? Thank you so much, I was about to die from nosebleed and confusion." Namae scratched her cheek embarrassedly.

*Chuckle* "No problem. What do you want to buy?" The woman found Namae's words funny.

"Actually, I don't know about Korean food but these two look delicious." Namae pointed at the Bukkumi and Bungeoppang image. "And that strawberry shake too."

"I see. She'll have Bukkumi and Bungeoppang. And one strawberry shake." The woman then conveyed it to the seller in the Korean language.

"Understood. That will be $30 all in all." The female seller smiled.

"She said it's $30 overall."

"Alright." Namae took out some cash that she exchanged from yen to dollars earlier.

"Enjoy your food, dear." The woman patted her shoulder before walking away.

"Thank you, madame. I wouldn't have done it without you." Namae bowed in thanks.

"It's nothing. Right, what's your name?" The woman asked out of curiosity.

"My name is Sei Namae, madame."

"Sei? Where are your parents? Your family? Are they not with you?"

"Haha, well... I left my adoptive family. I don't know where my real parents are at the moment."

"Oh my, I'm sorry for asking."

"Ah no, it's fine. I'm not that uncomfortable to not talk about it." Namae smiled. "How about you, madame? Where's your family?"

"My husband is currently at work. As for my child, I actually have a daughter. If she hadn't gone missing years ago, she would be right around your age."

"Oh.... I'm sorry." Namae suddenly felt sad for her. Both of them had tragic backgrounds in terms of family.

"It's fine." The woman had a weak smile.

"I've wrapped it all up, miss. Here you go, thank you!" The seller was done preparing Namae's order.

"Thank you once again, madame."

"You're welcome. Then, see you around."

"Mhm."

Even though Namae and that beautiful woman only talked and met briefly, she had a feeling that they were going to see each other sooner or later.

'Weird.'

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask that woman's name. Dammit."

.
.
.

"Urk- ahh, this is the best." Namae relaxedly sighed as she lied on the hotel bed.

[ KING HOTEL ]

She looked at the brochure she received after being welcomed by the employees earlier. Namae was currently inside a VIP room in a hotel named KING HOTEL.

Thinking again about the encounter she had earlier with the woman earlier, Namae thought that the woman was really pretty.

"She had a missing daughter.. Maybe it's me. Pft- HAHA." She laughed at her own joke.

'Oh no.. my eyes are closing.'

Namae just had a long day.

She left her work without any word, left Japan, left those damned male leads, just arrived at Korea and now, she's finally in bed.

'I still have more things to do tomorrow...'

Her eyes completely shut after losing to drowsiness.

__________
A/N: I apologize for the long wait-🙇‍♀️ spare me

I was (and is currently) really really busy with schoolwork (esp I'm in college) with the past few weeks.

Anyways! Hope you enjoyed the chap🤸‍♀️✨
-gelainess