Chapter 42

Namae wondered if she heard her right.

"Could you repeat that for me?"

Kana was behaving anxiously once again. She looked hesitant to tell her.

"I was wondering if you know about a novel titled Sweet Addiction..."

"Holy-"

"This is probably gonna sound crazy and I thought you should know, Namae-san."

"What do I need to know?" Namae had a hunch about what was going on. Her heart was beating loudly from anticipation.

*Gulp*

"Actually, I had a dream. No, it wasn't probably a dream but it felt like one."

Namae's eyes widened. "And.. what happened?"

"In my dream, I was a heroine inside that book. The one titled Sweet Addiction and my name was the same. I was Ito Kana. But the thing is... Another person possessed my body."

"It felt so weird. It was like, I had no control over it. It just did whatever it wanted! And I might sound crazy right now but believe me, my body was killed by those four male leads! And it was because the me in that world tried to kill you." Kana continued as her body was trembling.

"And I woke up here. After getting killed by those four, I was back in this world. I tried to search for the book titled Sweet Addiction but the thing is, it didn't exist. It was a popular novel lately but it's just so impossible!"

"And Namae-san, I found out lately that... The person who possessed my body in that dream is our current manager... Avy Aile. I was so afraid to tell you this because something might happen to me again. I just don't want to be part of that world again.. I don't wanna die. I just want to live peacefully." Kana hugged herself.

Namae was left speechless.

She couldn't believe that such a plot twist was revealed to her that easily.

And to think that the Ito Kana in her last life was Avy Aile right now.

"Crazy." Namae chuckled.

"I know, Namae-san. I-"

"No no no, it's not you, Kana-san. I meant that this whole situation is crazy."

"W-What? Do you perhaps.. also have memory about it?"

Namae decided to not let her know about it.

Since Kana said that she wants to live peacefully, it's better to let things be as they are. Kana should have no part in Namae's life.

Namae shook her head.

"Oh.. then, thank you for listening to me, Namae-san." Kana had hopes that Namae would also have memory about it.

"It's fine, Kana-san. You can continue to live your life peacefully. And, thank you for sharing." Namae stood up as she was about to leave.

"...Please be careful, Namae-san."

Namae nodded. "See you at work tomorrow."

....

*Beep*

Namae closed the door.

'Crazy!!'

To think that the "Ito Kana" that Namae knew in the last life is actually not Kana but Avy Aile..

"So that's why Kana acted different than usual. Damn."

"Avy Aile... So she was the lotus b'tch in that book."

'Not that it matters anyways..'

"Urgh..." She groaned as she jumped straight to her bed.

The four yanderes remembered her, Ito Kana also knows about it, and even Avy Aile who possessed Ito Kana in that life was also here.

She had a crappy adoptive family and has no idea where her real family was.

'Why the heck is my life so complicated and confusing?'

"...."

"Should I just run away?"

.
.
The next day...
.
.

Inside Genji's busy office...

"Coffee, young master." Nathalia offered.

"Thanks. Report about Namae's whereabouts."

"She left, young master." Nathalia answered.

Genji's hand that was about to reach for the cup suddenly froze.

"What?" A vein appeared in his forehead.

*Sigh* He leaned on the chair.

"Left where, exactly?"

"The country. Just this morning." Nathalia calmly informed.

...

"Young master, Ms. Namae has left the country." Nathan reported to Eiji.

Eiji dropped the bottle of wine when he heard the report.

"Find her."

...

Amida broke the glass as he heard John's incredulous report.

*Chuckle*

Amida laughed when he thought about it. "Running away with my money, huh."

"Prepare the plane. When I find her, I'll make sure that she won't have the energy to run away the next few days."

...

Kai was currently hanging a frame of Namae's face on the walls in his room when suddenly, Lyle announced something silly.

"Are you f'cking kidding me? I just saw her the other night." Kai grumbled.

"Exactly." Lyle smiled.

*Sigh*

Kai glanced around his room. In every corner of the wall, Namae's pretty face was there.

"Where is she headed?"

.
.
.
.
.

"Ahh... This is perfect. I should've done this sooner."

Namae relaxedly sighed as she sipped on the hot cocoa topped with marshmallows.

She was currently riding a plane headed towards Korea.

Namae had a big grin on her face.

'I'm going to attend a concert!'

If only she knew what was ahead of her that time..

Then she wouldn't have gone there in the first place.