Chapter 9

'He has a knife!'

The rich-looking woman finally went outside and walked in a slow pace. The suspicious man was just a few steps behind her.

He held his knife cautiously and paused for a moment. Namae noticed that the target was a woman. An incredibly gorgeous woman.

Long and curly blonde hair, beautiful features, and a noble aura which only wealthy people possess.

'Oh my goodness.'

Namae took a chance. She quickly sprinted towards the man and using her elbow, she landed a heavy blow on the man's rib cage which caused him to crouch in pain.

"Ahck-!"

The man dropped the knife as he felt pain on his side. "What the f'ck?!"

*Smack*

Whilst the man was on the ground, she harshly stomped him on the groin.

*Smack!* *Smack!*

*THWACK*

"GAH!—"

And the man fell unconscious.

"Hah. This bastard deserves better than this." Namae sighed.

"What's going on?" A woman's voice was heard behind Namae.

Namae turned around and saw the beauty from earlier standing in front of her.

"Oh, uh, er- this man tried to attack you earlier with that knife." Namae explained.

The woman glanced at the unconscious man from head to toe.

"Really? And how am I to know if you and that man are in cahoots?" The woman was suspicious of Namae.

'Huh?'

"And how would I know if you didn't hide all the money, you b'tch!"

She suddenly remembered something. Something not worth remembering at all.

There are two things that Namae hates the most.

One, when a person downgrades others through comparison in her face. And two, when others mistake her act of kindness as an act.

She knows it all too well base from the experiences she had from her family...

"Listen here, madame. If I was a minute late of beating up this man, you would've been in the afterlife right now." Namae said with sarcasm.

"What?"

"I'll get going first then. Please be careful on your way."

"Wait-"

Namae walked away, not looking back at least once from the woman.

"...."

"Madame!"

Few men in suit came running towards the woman. They looked like her bodyguards.

"What took you so long?"

"We apologize!" They bowed.

The bodyguards saw the unconscious man helpless on the ground.

"Madame, what happened?" One of the men asked in worry.

"Follow me. And bring that man too."

As per her request, they brought the man with them and followed her.

They walked towards the security station to check some footage.

"Stop there." She uttered.

The CCTV footage was played and they saw the incident earlier. The woman finally realized Namae's intention.