Chapter 41

*Beep* *Beep*

Namae turned off the alarm she set three hours ago.

'I couldn't sleep.'

She had dark bags under her eyes and she looked like a ghost.

It was almost seven in the morning and she still needs to get ready for work.

"Work.. haha. Dammit. Pft- right, I still need money."

For the whole night, she was busy thinking about the possibilities now that she realized that all four of "them" remembered their last life.

*Ding!*

She checked her phone and there was a notification from her bank account.

'What happened? Did I get robbed?!'

[ 500 million yen was added to your account ]

"Eh?"

She was surprised when she suddenly had that sort of money.

"Is half a billion enough for a kiss?"

She finally remembered.

"Right. I kissed Amida in exchange for that." She clapped.

Now that Namae had more money in her bank account, she felt like her desire to earn money disappeared in an instant.

She looked in the mirror.

"Fine, Namae. Let's go to work. It's your dream to be a rich woman so let's do this, okay?"

'....'

She looked at her reflection a bit more and observed her face closely.

She had beautiful black, portruding eyes, her high-bridged nose was perfect as it is and she had pretty lips. She had natural, black wavy hair that suited her looks.

Not to be narcissistic or anything but Namae thought that her face was definitely gorgeous.

Realizing it, she didn't look like her "mother" at all.

Now that she knew she was adopted, her so-called mother suddenly looked ugly to her, especially since she had a terrible personality.

"If I'm this pretty then my real parents must be totally a hot deal."

She suddenly recalled her meeting with her adoptive mother last time.

"Where are my real parents? Are they still alive? You told me I wasn't your child after all. How did I arrive in your household huh?"

"How would I know if they're still alive? And even if they were, do you think they'd accept a useless garbage like you? They'd rather take you as a maid!! Haha!"

"F'ck. I hate her." Namae grumbled.

She couldn't believe she had been living with that woman for how many years already.

Namae suddenly had a weird thought.

"Right.. she said I was adopted. And I have lived with her ever since I was twelve." 

'And before I was twelve... I didn't have any memories. Weird. All I knew was that, "that woman" was my mother and nothing more.'

"Maybe my parents are still alive." She mumbled as she thought of that possibility.

*Beeeeeeep—*

"Ahck-"

She suddenly had a headache out of nowhere.

She heard something ringing in her ears.

"Namae, can you play another piece for mama?"

"Yes, mama!"