Chapter 17

Namae entered the elevator with pounding heart.

'I wonder how huge the prize money is.'

Just thinking about it makes her feel nervous and kind of excited. It was a mixed emotion.

"Which floor, miss?" The liftman suddenly asked.

Namae didn't realize the elevator operator's existence until he asked a question.

"To the 16th floor please." Namae smiled awkwardly.

"16th floor?" The operator looked surprised. Then the next thing he did is look at Namae from head to toe.

"Is there a problem?" Namae raised a question.

'The hell are you looking at?'

"Ahem. It's nothing. 16th floor it is."

The operator pressed the button for the 16th floor and the elevator started moving upwards.

Namae covered her mouth as the elevator moved.

'It's making me sick.'

It only took few seconds before the doors finally opened.

*Ding*

"We've arrived on the 16th floor." The operator announced.

"Thank you."

Namae walked out of the elevator and like the personnel said, she turned left and walked straight.

She continued to walk and each wall between the hallways had landscape paintings hanged on the wall.

'Must be expensive.'

At the end of the hallway, Namae saw two large doors and before entering it, there was a red carpet placed on the floor.

Beside on each door, there were two guards standing there and in front of the door, a man in suit was also there.

'That must be it.'

Namae fastened her pace and walked towards there.

"Is this the venue for Madame Henrietta's party?" She asked that one man who was standing in front of the door.

"Can I see your invitation, please." The man looked at her from head to toe with a stern face.

Namae took out the invitation and handed it to him.

The man received the invitation with suspicion.

He noticed that on her letter, Madame Henrietta's real signature was there.

Once again, he looked at Namae from head to toe and concluded that it was probably a fake invitation.

"Where did you get this invitation?" The man asked with a smile.

"From Madame Henrietta Wilson of course. I mean, her attendant gave it to me but it was from her regardless." Namae answered.

"Madame Henrietta handed you personally this crumpled invitation?"

"It's not like that-"

"Guards. Please take her away."

"What the fu-"

"Yes sir."

Just when Namae was about to explain why the invitation looked like that, two guards already grabbed her arms.

Namae was in total dilemma.

'Are they for real?'

The man leaned close to Namae. "I'm afraid you arrived at the wrong venue. And for your information, the theme for this party is to dress up with either black or white suits and dresses. As for you, you don't fill in that requirement. And for Madame Henrietta's signature, did you forge it?"