Orion Pax Pt. 1

Unicron is defeated.  But Optimus had to use the Matrix of Leadership in order to do that.  At the cost of his own memories.

Ratchet: In hindsight, we accomplished what was required.  With Unicron's awakening, extreme measures needed to be taken.  Enemies became allies.  Allies became confidants.  And, with the Matrix of Leadership, planet Earth was saved. Though at an immeasurable personal cost. When Optimus surrendered the Matrix, he lost more than the collective wisdom of the Primes...he lost himself.

Arcee: That doesn't follow.  Optimus knew Megatron.

Bulkhead: They were like BFFs.

Bumblebee: =Like brothers. =

Ratchet: If Optimus did not know his own name, perhaps it is because the title of Prime hasn't yet been granted to him.

Agent Fowler: Huh?

Jack: What?

Miko: Say again?

Thomas: Meaning?

Ratchet: With the power of the Matrix no longer within him, it would stand to reason that Optimus has reverted to his pre-Prime state, the historical archivist; Orion Pax.

June: You mean in his mind...

Agent Fowler: Are you telling me that Prime thinks he's some kind of librarian...and a Decepticon!?

Gulfstream: Optimus would never...!

Dodger: Even as Orion Pax!  Uh...right...Ratch?

Ratchet: Very likely, being a Decepticon is a choice Agent Fowler.  One that I have a hard time believing Optimus would make at any point in his life.

Bulkhead: So, if he's riding with the Cons...

Arcee: It's because Megatrons' working some kind of Voodoo.

Dodger: Not at his own will.

Ratchet: Orion Pax may not currently be an Autobot up here, (points to head) but I must believe he will never stop being one in here. (Puts hand on spark) We must locate him to know for certain.

Agent Fowler: Hold up!  I have a chip lodged in my behind that lets Uncle Sam know when I stop for donuts, are you telling me you can't just track Prime??

Ratchet: Optimus' signal has not reappeared since he embarked for Earth's core.  But we must get to work finding him if we have any hope of initiating his contingency plan.

Arcee: Contingency plan?

Dodger: What plan?

Bulkhead: What contingency?

Miko: Is that even a word?

Jack: The key card!  So, what's it do?

Ratchet: It grants access to Vector Sigma.

Thomas: What's 'Vector Sigma'?

Ratchet: It is the repository of the Wisdom of the Primes.

Raf: Is that some sort of super-computer?

Jack: So, we can just download Optimus' memories back into him?  Great!  Which one is the big V?  Over here?  Somewhere in back?

Dodger: Jack, there's more to it...

Ratchet: Dodger is correct, Vector Sigma is more than a super-computer Jack.  It is an ancient source of mystical power...on Cybertron.

Thomas: So, in order to get to Vector Sigma, we have to get you guys to Cybertron?