Operation Bumblebee Pt. 2

After Bumblebee was rushed to the medbay, Ratchet wasted no time in repairing him.  Apparently, without his wheels, he tried to use a rusty pick-up truck as a skateboard in an attempt to chase Knockout, who made off with the next relic to be unearthed.  Bulkhead only found Bee after a fight with Breakdown.  When he found Bee badly injured, he called for an emergency groundbridge and Ratchet rushed through to get Bumblebee back to base for treatment.  Soon, Bee was repaired but Ratchet had him in power down mode in order to recover.  And he was not pleased with Bulkhead.

Ratchet: Of all the scrap-brained ideas...taking Bumblebee into a potential chase scenario when he no longer has the ability to access his wheels?! 

Bulkhead: He improvised...

Raf: Hey, Bee's waking up.

Bumblebee woke up from his power-down and rubbed his head.

Dodger: You alright Bee?

Bumblebee: =Yeah, I think so... =

Gulfstream: You scared us Bee...

Bumblebee: =Sorry... =

Ratchet: You've already lost your voice box and your T-Cog.  Were you really trying to add your Spark to the list!? 

Bumblebee just bleeped in defeat.

Raf: Don't say that Bumblebee.  You're not useless.

Arcee: Look, I hate to break up the pity party, but the 'Cons just added unknown Iacon payday number two to their armory.

Optimus: Neither blame nor praise will modify past events, but we cannot afford to take further unnecessary risks.  Bumblebee, you are not to leave our base not until we can retrieve your missing biomechanism.

As Bumblebee looked down in defeat, Ratchet decided that he needed to take extreme measures in order to help the young scout, even if it meant a huge cost to himself.  He also knew that he would need Optimus' blessing for it though. 

Ratchet: Bumblebee is right to be less than hopeful, but you and I both know there exists a way to make him whole again.

Optimus stopped, he knew what Ratchet was talking about, but he also knew the costs.

Optimus: A transplant, but that would require a donor. (Walks away)

Ratchet: You need look no further than the Autobot standing before you.

Optimus stopped again, he was at first surprised, but realized that Ratchet actually meant performing such a feat, no matter the cost.

Optimus: A generous offer old friend, but your solution would merely trade one Autobot's handicap for another's.

Ratchet: I don't rely upon my T-cog not like Bumblebee does.  The ability to transform is virtually wasted on me.  This is where I spend my days, where my thoughts and hands are of value, not my weapons or wheels.  Our team can't afford to be shy even one warrior in the field.

Optimus: You make a compelling case but know that we will find Bumblebee's T-cog.

Ratchet: Optimus, MECH... are savages.  Who knows what damage they may have already inflicted upon it or... or if I will be able to repair it? 

The Prime realized that his medic was speaking with guilt over a previous medical shortcoming.

Optimus: Ratchet, you did everything in your power.

Ratchet: Puh-lease.  Do you really think this is simply about my inability to restore Bumblebee's voice box? 

Optimus just looked at his old friend, as if he knew the answer.