Grill

Tensions were high as a certain agent walked into an office on a military base.  Agent Fowler had to come in for a debrief with his boss, General Bryce.  Ever since the incident with Nemesis Prime, the military has become weary of the Autobots, who still have a search and destroy order on their heads.  Agent Fowler, being the one who works directly with the Autobots, came here to clear their names and give more intelligence about both MECH and the Decepticons.  But when Agent Fowler came into the General's office, he was greeted with a rather unpleasant sight, a soldier with a video camera.

General Bryce: Special Agent Fowler, please, come in.

As the agent came to a folding chair opposite General Bryce's desk, he got curious about the camera.

Agent Fowler: What's Private Daley doing here with that camera? 

General Bryce: He will be making a record of today's session.

Apparently, this is needed for archival reasons.  But that didn't stop Private Daley from getting the camera too close for comfort.

Agent Fowler: Soldier, too close. (The private backs up) Sorry I didn't dress for the occasion.

General Bryce: Formality won't be any more necessary than usual, Bill.  But I do need to inform you that our higher-ups are on the war path.

Agent Fowler: They want answers regarding recent events.

General Bryce: Perhaps we should begin with the demise of Optimus Prime.

Clearly, the general was still convinced that the wrecked remains of Nemesis Prime were actually Optimus.

Agent Fowler: I thought we straightened all this out.  Prime is alive and well.

General Bryce: That's difficult for our superiors to accept, without the benefit of seeing Optimus and the alleged imposter.

Agent Fowler: Side by side? That didn't seem to be the wisest option at the time.  The sky jockeys were under direct orders to destroy any and all Autobots on sight.

General Bryce: We were in a heightened state of security.

Agent Fowler: Let's consider the positives.  We now possess greater intel regarding MECH, particularly their leader, Silas, the stage name of one Colonel Leland Bishop, ex-special tactics.  

General Bryce: The architect of project Damocles.  

Agent Fowler: Satellites in orbit firing laser beams at any target on Earth.  Long since mothballed, and the primary reason for Bishop's discharge.  He had other wild ideas, which he practiced with even greater abandon once he went rogue.

General Bryce: And still, no sign of his remains.

No remains indeed, not after his remaining MECH agents recovered him after Nemeis Prime crushed him.

Agent Fowler: Of greater concern, MECH agents, like Silas, might also be special tactics.

General Bryce: As in, currently enlisted? 

Agent Fowler: One obvious motive for hiding their faces.  I would urge a thorough investigation and leave bigger threats to metal hands more capable than our own.

General Bryce: Because you've been allowed to operate at such deeply classified levels, perhaps you could provide some background.

Agent Fowler: Our transforming visitors are autonomous, robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron.  They were fighting a war.

A war over Energon, the life source of all Autobots and Decepticons.  A war that left their homeworld, Cybertron, uninhabitable.

Agent Fowler: These battles over Energon, and its dark counterpart, continue to this day.