Hard Knocks

As the Nemesis flew onwards, Megatron was still elated about his victory over the Star Saber.

Megatron:(laughs) You should have seen Optimus Prime's face when his precious Star Saber shattered like glass and, with it his dreams of an Autobot victory.  Granted, Optimus will be more determined than ever to discover the locations of the remaining Iacon entries before we can.

Before long, Soundwave had another relic location decoded.  It's location showing up on his visor.

Megatron: Ah, very good.  I see you have decoded the next set of coordinates.

Knockout: Way to step things up, Soundwave.  I do hope this Iacon relic is something less sacred and more profane, like an electro-disruptor cannon.  We could use one of those.

Titania: Or how about a plasma fusion laser?

Knockout: Agreed Titania, we could use more hardware like that.

Megatron: Indeed, Knockout. (Into comm) Dreadwing, report to the bridge immediately.

Knockout: Please, Lord Megatron, allow me the honor of retrieving this relic for you.

Megatron: I'm surprised you would risk your finish so soon after your "accident."

Knockout cringed at the memory; he didn't like being reminded about the time he got his finish totaled by a sweeper train. 

Megatron: Nonetheless, I remain unconvinced that you are the best choice for the task since you failed to secure the Phase Shifter.

Knockout: I lacked the proper tools.

To emphasize, he held up the relic that Soundwave was able to recover, the Resonance Blaster.

Knockout: But since Soundwave's currently occupied, I can't imagine he'll mind if I borrow this.  (Smirks wickedly) So that I might better secure your prize and heap some hurt on the Autobots.

Megatron: Very well.  Soundwave, ready the groundbridge.  Titania.  You and Dreadwing will remain here should Soundwave decode the next set of coordinates before Knockout returns.

Titania: Understood my liege.

Knockout transformed and sped through the groundbridge, with an intent to get payback for the sweeper train incident.

(Autobot base)

In the Autobot base, Smokescreen looked on as Optimus was decoding the Iacon Database.  Optimus was Smokescreen's role model, and he was determined to be like him.

Smokescreen: I'm gonna be a great warrior someday, like Optimus.

Bulkhead: Well, train hard and gain some wisdom along the way, and I'm sure it'll happen.

Smokescreen: Oh, it will.  It's my destiny.

Bumblebee: =Your destiny?? =

Dodger:(unconvinced) Destiny?

Arcee: How so? 

Smokescreen: Well, one minute I'm on security detail at Iacon.  The next I wake up on the other side of the galaxy to find myself under Optimus' command.  I mean, what are the chances, right?  Things happen for a reason.

Arcee: We get it, Smokescreen.  You're special.  We're lucky to have you. (Rolls optics)

Gulfstream: Just don't go in thinking you can win this war all by yourself.

Smokescreen: I never said that.  I just think I can do great things.  And kick Con' tailpipe along the way!  I mean look at you Gulf, you got all those kill marks on your arm.