Following Your Spark

Outside of Jasper, Dodger and Thomas were off-roading across the desert.  When they came across a rudimentary obstacle course, it was play time.

Dodger: Hang on to something Thomas, might get a little bumpy in there.

Thomas: Bring it on Dodge!

Dodger revved his Boss 6.2 V8, and then launched off the starting line.  First, he rocketed down a step dip, when he reached the bottom, he gunned it, catching air as he rocketed over the jump on the other side of the dip.  Landing on all four tires, he came to a series of high-speed chicanes.  Drifting through each one, Thomas was getting yet another taste of what it's like to be in the Baja 1000.  Dodger then sped across a stretch of rocky hard packed dirt.  The bumps and potholes really give his shock absorbers a workout, it also made Thomas tighten his seatbelt.  Coming out of the rocky road, they were soon jumping over small mounds of dirt.  The jumps made Thomas think about buying a helmet.  Coming to a stop, Thomas got out shaky but exhilarated.

Thomas: Whoa!  Dodger.  You never stop redefining "rough riding!"

Dodger: Dirty, rough and wild.  Still tons of fun though!

Thomas: And that's why I came with you.  Nice driving partner!

Dodger smiled and transformed.  Thomas got in and they drove along the desert roads to base.  Along the way, they discussed recent events.

Thomas: Hey Dodge, you think MECHs gone for good now?

Dodger: Not certain.  I'm still shaking at the thought of Silas using Breakdown's husk as a bio-suit. (shudders)

And it was something to shudder about.  Not too long ago, when Team Prime took down Project Damocles, Bulkhead stopped a Decepticon from attacking the kids as they were bringing down the satellite at Raf's house.  At first, he thought it was Breakdown.  But to Bulkhead's surprise, and horror, it wasn't Breakdown, it was Silas, using Breakdown's husk as an exoskeleton!  

None of the Autobots knew what happened to Breakdown, but Silas clearly used Breakdown's remains to keep himself alive after having Nemesis Prime land on him.  Thomas could only imagine what that would be like.  Silas scavenged Breakdown's body like an alien parasite taking over a human body.  For the Autobots, it was like a horror film come to life.  Silas terminated his own men and tried to use his new body to join the Decepticons, only he hasn't been seen since his fight with Bulkhead and Smokescreen, the latter of whom came to assist when Bulkhead's Tox-En related handicap impeded his fighting ability.  Smokescreen had saved Bulkhead, and finally earned the wrecker's respect.

Thomas: I didn't think Silas would kill his own men...

Dodger: Well Thomas, I believe you humans have a saying.  "No honor among thieves."  Megatron wouldn't think twice about doing the same to his followers.  Thats why I'm glad to be an Autobot.  Optimus is firm but fair.  He won't hesitate to give out stern lectures.  But at the same time, Optimus cares deeply about each and every one of us.  Thats the differance between us and the Cons.  They are driven by cult-like loyalty to Megatron...

Thomas: ...While we are driven by loyalty to each other.  And I wouldn't have it any other way partner. (smiles)

Dodger: Neither would I.  Partner.

And rightly so, ever since Dodger became Thomas' guardian, they have become inseparable.

Thomas: Well, on a different matter, Smokescreen is coming along nicely.  For a rookie.

Dodger: The kids got a lot of potential.  He just needs to understand the importance of teamwork.  Without it, our efforts would stall.  Luckily for us, Smokey has a great team to help him along.