Crossfire

As the Nemesis was sailing across Earth's sky, a certain spider decided to try and get on Megatron's good graces.

Airachnid: If it pleases you, Lord Megatron, once Soundwave discovers a means of decoding the remainder of the Iacon database, as we know he will, I would suggest the deployment of an underutilized asset.

Megatron: And what asset would that be, Airachnid? 

Airachnid: I believe that my superior tracking skills would expedite your quest to recover the remaining relics.

Megatron: Noted.

Airachnid: You are a gracious audience, My Lord. (To Soundwave) Soundwave.

Megatron watched as the spider femme left the bridge.  Once the door was closed, he turned to his faceless spymaster.

Megatron: Soundwave.  Remind me of her trustworthiness.

Soundwave's Recording: I believe we must consider the possibility of a future without Megatron.

Soundwave made that recording while Megatron was at Earth's core, fighting alongside the Autobots to defeat Unicron.  Airachnid planned on leaving Megatron and claiming the Decepticon throne for herself.  Fortunately for Megatron, Soundwave stopped her.  As a double whammy, she had the nerve to speak her intentions in the same room as Soundwave.  And that is all the evidence Megatron needed to get rid of her.  Going to the video intercom, he had a viable replacement for Airachnid.

In the Nemesis's armory, Dreadwing and Titania were working an arsenal of weapons when Megatron suddenly came on the video monitor.

Megatron: Dreadwing, Titania

Dreadwing: I am at your beck and call, Lord Megatron.

Titania: As am I, my liege.

Megatron: Good.  Titania, I must speak with Dreadwing.  Alone.

Titania: As you wish, master.

After Titania left the room, Megatron spoke to Dreadwing.

Dreadwing: How may I be of service Lord Megatron.

Megatron: I wish to entrust you with a task I would normally reserve for myself.  That is, if you wish to prove yourself worthy of becoming my first lieutenant. 

Dreadwing: That post belongs to Airachnid.

Megatron: She will be missed.  And I suggest you bring backup.  She can be a handful, especially when cornered.

Dreadwing knew full well what Megatron was asking for; Airachnid's termination.  But he were to bring backup, he'd better pick strong backup.  He went to the bridge and summoned Breakdown...and Airachnid.

(In the woods)

Meanwhile, in the woods, Roadflare was on a recon patrol with Gulfstream.  Normally, Gulfstream would fly, but right now she was on the ground with her fellow femme.

Gulfstream: You got anything on the scanner?

Roadflare: Nothing but faint traces.  If there's energon around here, it's not much.

As they continued to trek through the woods, Gulfstream decided to liven up the mission.

Gulfstream: Hey Flare, You like Earth so far?

Roadflare: So far so good.  You?

Gulfstream: Oh yeah, during my off time, I love flying over Earth's natural wonders.  I mean last week; I got a chance to fly over Iguassu Falls.  And it was beautiful.