002

jisung shut down his computer, letting out a tired sigh as he sat back in his seat. i should probably get home now..

he stood up from his chair, stretching out his sore limbs from sitting for so long. after cracking his back, he began to gather his things to leave.

once everything was ready, he grabbed his keys and left the room he was working in. he headed to the parking garage, getting into his car to drive home.

on the way back, he listened to some music but turned it down a bit so it was just in the background.

a lot seemed to be on his mind, but there was too much to focus on just one thing. for one, he was stressing out over work and all the insecurities and pressure that came with it. another was he felt bad for not going out with his friends. he missed them and wanted to spend time with them again, but like said before, he's too busy with work. and the last thought, that hadn't ever left his mind for the past years.. the thought that he wanted to let go of so badly, but always seemed to find a way to shout inside his mind every day; how much he missed minho...

when minho had left, they tried to stay in touch.. but i guess you could say, they felt awkward about it. they had separated with broken hearts and tears. so you could only figure; they couldn't find it in themselves to keep in touch and move on. so they cut contact with each other maybe after five months. it hurt a lot for jisung, but it was what needed to be done if they were going to move on with their lives, like he had wished when they broke up.

in all honesty, jisung really regretted breaking it off with minho. but also he was really happy for minho. he had seen minho's game on tv, and that made him feel better about their break up. because he saw how good minho was doing in america, playing soccer. and jisung made sure to never miss a game.

but still he wondered; how is minho doing?

chan parked in front of his and felix's house that they had bought together only a month ago. they offered to house minho and jaemin since they all knew how minho's parents were like. and even though felix wan't the biggest fan of jaemin, he wouldn't put someone through that.

they all exited the car, chan went to help minho with the luggage while felix and jaemin went inside.

felix wasn't exactly excited to spend even just a few minutes with jaemin. he knew it was petty and he was judging before getting to know jaemin, but c'mon; how would you feel if your best friend's ex brought another person into your house? or just seeing your best friend's ex with someone else?!

"e-excuse me?" jaemin called out to felix.

"yes?" felix turned around to face jaemin.

"i- uhm... i really hope we can get along.." jaemin looked down shyly.

felix looked jaemin up and down, observing the boy's shyness. he could tell the boy was nervous and he felt kinda bad. "look, just give me time to get used to it... i'm sorry, but you might be getting a lot of.... negative reactions."

"i-is it because of jisung?" jaemin asked, playing with his fingers.

"...how do you know about jisung?" felix was honestly kind of taken aback. he didn't think minho had told jaemin about jisung.

"minho told me about him."

felix nodded, understanding that they probably already had that 'ex conversation' with each other. "well.. honestly, yes. but i don't see you as a bad person.. so i'll try to get to know you better. but i can't promise you anything else."

"i understand... i hope you can see me as a good person after time." jaemin smiled shyly.

"what are you guys talking about?" minho asked, walking in and throwing an arm over jaemin's shoulders.

"nothing much.. just introducing myself further." felix cut in.

"oh.. okay! well i hope you guys can become friends." minho smiled, leaving a kiss on jaemin's cheek.

felix honestly couldn't stand watching minho and jaemin. especially since he was the one who witnessed, first hand, the way jisung was for the past six years.

felix was the one there for jisung during the post break up. all the nights he'd lay with jisung as the older would cry himself to sleep. felix was the one who saw when jisung would starve himself and stay in his room for days. felix was the one who would wake up in the middle of the night to jisung screaming from nightmares. and after witnessing that, he just couldn't accept how happy minho looked with someone else. it was unfair, he knew that, but his best friend was his main priority. jisung even came before chan.

"i'm going to make a phone call." felix said once he saw minho leaving a bunch of small pecks on jaemin's face.

he left the room as fast as he could, dialing jeongin's phone. the phone rang for only a few seconds before it was finally answered, "hellooo~"

"hey. when will you guys be here?"

"uhm.. well we just left the house so we should be there soon!"

"okay.. also, fair warning, minho didn't get off that plane by himself.."

"wait- what?! what do you mean?" jeongin asked confused.

"you'll see when you get here.. see you in a few." felix hung up the phone. he took a deep breath, trying to ready himself to go back to where the rest were.

"you okay baby?" felix felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around his waist.

felix leaned back into chan, resting his hand against chan's cheek, "yeah... just surprised, i guess?"

"i know what you mean sweetie." chan kissed felix's cheek, "but let's not judge before we know him, okay?"

"i know, but i can't stop thinking about jisung... how's he going to react to this?" felix turned around to face chan with a worried expression.

"lix, you know jisung told minho to move on from him.." chan tried to reason, because it was true. jisung had told minho to move on with his life and even fall in love with someone else.

"i-i know... but it just doesn't sit right with me." felix shrugged. "because i know jisung still has a part of him that cares for minho... you know yourself; jisung never has been the same since they broke up."

chan sighed sadly, "i know... but minho is also our friend. so let's at least try, okay?" chan offered a smile.

"fine.. but i can't promise that the others will be that understanding.. especially jeongin."

the elder chuckled, "that one might be a problem. gosh, i remember jeongin was ready to kill minho.."

felix laughed as well, "he had the whole plan! and it took us forever to convince him that it was a mutual break up."

"i'm pretty sure he still blames minho." chan sighed.

"i don't understand how.. minho didn't even do anything." felix rolled his eyes.

"well.. hopefully jeongin can be somewhat understanding of all this. or else it's going to be a shit show."