020

jisung was lost in thought while staring at his computer screen that remained in that same spot when jisung lifted his hand off of the mouse which was an hour ago. his phone suddenly went off, making him flinch.

he sighed and shut his eyes tight, calming his heart that beat loudly from getting startled by the ringtone of his phone. he glared at the id caller which displayed the name "hyunjin".

groaning, he slightly answered the call harshly. "what?" he hissed.

"calm down grumpy pants. we're going to eat out later, are you free?" hyunjin asked, going straight to the point.

jisung thought for a bit and hummed, "and fourth-wheel to you and your boyfriends? no thank you hyun.."

an audible slap was heard at the other line, jisung figured that hyunjin gave himself a facepalm, "stupid. the other four are coming too."

"oh, well.. i'll see if i can come, where are we gonna meet?" jisung arched a brow, his eyes fixed onto the screen with multiple recordings he took earlier.

"seven pm at the near ice cream parlor just near yours and changbin's apartment." hyunjin instructed from the other line.

"alright, i'll just let you know if i'll be coming along."

"okay, i'll hang up now.." jisung heard hyunjin say before he heard the beep which meant that the call had ended. jisung flung his phone on the nearby sofa.

the door opened, revealing chan and changbin who carried soda cans. "we're back~" chan singsonged and closed the door with a quiet click.

"did hyunjin tell you both?" jisung asked as he gladly took the soda chan handed to him.

"told us what?" he raised his brows and showed him a tight-lipped smile.

"he called me just now and asked me if i was free to go out later. he also said both of you are going." jisung explained.

"yeah, he called us earlier when we were at the vending machine." changbin said and jisung just nodded.

"since we have the same schedules, you, han jisung, will be coming." chan stated.

"what? no, i have much wor-"

"shush, you're just going to overwork yourself again. and from the statement i have said, you will not have any options to choose from but follow." chan strictly said, jisung just rolled his eyes at the older and slumped on his swivel chair, huffing.

"fine." jisung said in defeat which caused a smirk to creep up on chan's face.

"good. minho will be coming too, felix told me that hyunjin barged in our house earlier to ask them too while him and felix played mario kart." chan sighed, rubbing his temples.

god did that man give him a headache sometimes.

ah, speaking of minho. he hasn't heard from the older since the little incident this morning. it kind of made him think if that incident would make them awkward once again. not one bit did he want that to happen, considering that they had just recently made up. it would sadden the younger if he were to lose his best friend again.

the older confused him, why did he act like that? he doesn't know. well, maybe he has an idea of what caused him to suddenly act like that, but he didn't want to think that was the case.

"jisung?? earth to jisung?"changbin snapped fingers in front of the younger male, the younger flinched as he came back to his senses.

"huh?" he sat properly on his seat.

"i asked if it would be better if we added some bass to the song." changbin showed him a perplexed expression.

"oh right!" he chuckled nervously, "it sounds better with it.." he said. changbin nodded and added the bass to the song they were working on.

even with all the focus he put in working, a certain person always found their way in jisung's thoughts even if it keeps getting shut out. jisung gulped down his soda, exhaling in relief once he felt the mild burn of the fizzy liquid run down his throat.

jisung jolted from his seat when changbin tapped his shoulder. he really should lessen his caffeine consumption.

"chan said we should get going, he went out first to get the car." changbin said, patting jisung's back to get up.

jisung went to his phone while changbin shut everything off. he grabbed his things, and went out with changbin. they talked as they walked through the hall, laughing when changbin would occasionally make a joke. as they stepped out of the building, they were just in time when chan stopped in front of them.

changbin sat at the passenger seat as he made himself comfortable at the back, putting on his earbuds while typing some stuff in his phone. jisung fought the urge to close his eyes and take a nap since they were already near their meet up place.

the car came to a stop, pulling up in front of an ice cream parlor he and changbin knew well. he sat up and stretched, releasing a cute little sound from when he stretched which made the other two coo at their youngest's cuteness.

changbin got out first, going to jisung's side at the back, opening the door for him while chan locked the car and got out.

"thank you kind sir." jisung thanked in a silly tone which made the older roll his eyes and smile, poking the side of the younger who laughed, rubbing the area changbin poked.

"took you three long enough.." seungmin stood up properly.

"sungie!!" felix ran to his twin's side, earning a head pat from the older. he then ran to chan, kissing his cheek.

jisung looked at all of his friends, his eyes landing on the person that he was thinking about earlier. minho had his arms crossed, leaning against a pole, looking at someone- specifically changbin -with an unreadable expression.

the older's eyes then met jisung's, the younger's breath hitching from the sudden eye contact. minho's eyes softened and smiled at the younger. jisung smiling back.

"so, shall we go?" jeongin suggested, and the others nodded. jisung broke off the eye contact and went to walk beside changbin, linking their arms together as he smiled.

they look.. happy.

minho wanted to be the only one to make jisung happy, he didn't want anyone else to do it.

selfish. he knows that it's selfish. that he's selfish.

he hated how he admits it. he had no right to act selfish since jisung deserved to be happy with someone else too. if he's happy with someone right now, then why shouldn't jisung be?

he sighed and walked with hyunjin beside him, probably noticing his friend being down.