024

hours passed since minho stepped foot inside the cozy apartment of jisung and changbin. minho had helped the two in the kitchen earlier since neither knew what they were doing. surprisingly, the food they made tasted good. now they were watching a movie, losing track of time as they were too focused.

jisung, in the middle of the movie, fell asleep on changbin's shoulder. minho sat on the opposite side of the couch, a little bothered, but tried to focus on the movie more than to what's happening in his surroundings.

a loud ringtone rung, the youngest's eyes shot open as minho flinched from the sudden sound. changbin smiled apologetically and excused himself, leaving minho and jisung drown in an awkward atmosphere. though, minho was more affected by the awkward tension than jisung, knowing that the younger just woke up and was probably zoning out with nothing in mind, only snapping out when changbin suddenly said an emergency occurred and needed to go.

jisung and minho nodded, both telling him to be careful. minho then realized that he had spent, maybe more or less than seven hours in their apartment. quickly, he opened his phone to see the time.

12:19 am

he cursed himself under his breath. "what's wrong?" the younger asked, noticing minho's panicked state.

"the time.. it's too late to go home now." minho scratched his neck.

"oh.." was the only thing jisung could say, he thought for a second, hesitating about his suggestion but said it nonetheless, "well.. if you want, you can spend the night here." jisung shrugged.

"would that be alright?" minho asked.

"yup." jisung popped the 'p', "you can just text jaemin you'll spend the night at a friend's place. he might not like it when you tell him you're staying here..."

especially that i'm here.

minho hummed, thinking, even if he knows he'll stay in their apartment. at this time, commuting is hard. you will hardly see any cabs that are picking up. so, he sent jaemin a message about the situation, leaving out the part where he'll be staying at jisung and changbin's.

of course, jaemin understood, so he let him.

jisung stretched on the couch, clapping his hands together and standing up. "i'll go take a quick shower first. if you want to also, feel free to use my bathroom."

"but- won't you use it?" minho titled his head.

"hmm, no. i'll use changbin's since i recall leaving my towel inside there."

oh..

minho only nodded, and jisung left. minho found the movie uninteresting after a few minutes, so he decided to turn it off and shower too.

he looked for jisung's room. the familiar scent his nose sniffed when he passed by an open room was enough for him to know which room was jisung's. he remembered this scent clearly, lavender.

back when they were still neighbors, every time he went in jisung's room, he would be engulfed by the soft scent of lavenders in the younger's room in his parents' house.

he opened where he figured the bathroom was and went inside.

the first thing he noticed was the familiar bottles of half-used shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

the same ones i always had in my bathroom back at home.

he found it funny how the younger always told him, back when they were high schoolers, that he was so tired of smelling the lingering scent of those products on him every single day.