023

a groan of annoyance left jisung's lips as the pack of dried seaweed fell out of his arms for the umpteenth time in the convenience store. he picked the pack up and gave it a glare before placing it back in his arm and carried on.

he went to the drinks section, looking for a certain soju flavor. his eyes twinkled as he spotted a green bottle with a peach on its label. he opened the cooler and took one out, looking for its expiration date.

"jisung?"

the mentioned male flinched and accidentally dropped the bottle of liquor. he walked a little bit backwards, expecting a loud sound of glass shattering. but to his surprise, there was no sound.

confused, he looked down, seeing a hand that caught the bottle which was only inches above the tiled floor. he let out a sigh of relief, the male next to him stood up properly, handing the bottle to jisung.

"why would you sneak behind and startle m-" he stopped as he saw who the man was.

"aha.. sorry about that." the older rubbed the back of neck.

"minho? what are you doing here?"

"am i not allowed here?"

"wha- no! you know what i mean." jisung gave him an uninterested look which made the other laugh.

"i saw you enter this store while i was passing by. so i decided to follow." minho gave him his famous bracket smile.

"i swear, if it were any other person, they would think someone was coming for them." jisung shook his head and sighed, returning the bottle that almost fell in the cooler and took another one out since the first one was expired.

"hey! be thankful i caught the bottle. if not, you would've payed for it." minho put a hand on his hip.

"yeah, the bottle that you caused me to drop." jisung retorted, minho only scoffed in disbelief. well, jisung wasn't wrong though. he admitted only to himself.

he noticed the younger struggling to hold the items, he hesitated at first before giving in to what his mind told him. he reached out to the items in the younger's arm, carrying it to help the latter somehow.

"they're heavy.."

"i went to the gym regularly back in the states, this is nothing." the older bragged, proudly.

"you brag too much." jisung sassed.

"you sass too much." minho answered back, both erupting to laughter.

"this is all i need. let's go to the counter." jisung said.

minho just followed. putting the items down on the counter, minho found himself smiling fondly just by seeing jisung puff his cheeks and tuck a strand of hair behind his ear while watching the items get scanned.

"what are you going to do with these ingredients?" he asked, out of nowhere.

"changbin and i will try to invent something with random ingredients we will buy. we got tired of the same meals over time." jisung laughed, "he's probably on his way home right now."

home..? without me?

jisung's phone went off, "speaking of.." he answered the call. "hey, bin!" he greeted with a cheery tone.

"yeah, i'm paying right now.. mhm, okay~ drive safely, i love you!"

i love you.. you used to tell me those, a lot, back then.

"and i thought both of you weren't dating."

"hm? pardon?" jisung turned to him after shoving his phone back in his pocket.