022

"ooo," the pink haired male looked around the cafe in awe, "wow, he really took the interior aesthetic seriously.."

minho hummed as he smiled at jaemin secretly, "oh, you're already here!" minho and jaemin turned to the male with platinum hair and was wearing an apron, "yup, so this is the cafe you own.. it looks so cozy, jaemin here is amazed." minho chuckled, felix glanced at jaemin and smiled at him a little half-heartedly.

"mhm! thank you, channie helped me when i was having trouble with the decorations and other appliances that would look nice in the cafe." felix sighed and clapped his hands together, "well! shall we take your orders?"

he takes out a small notepad and a black pen, gesturing them to look at the options above the counter. skimming through the options, minho decided to have iced americano and strawberry macarons. "what about you, jaemin?" he turned to the younger, "a slice of peach mousse cake, and milk please." he said shyly.

"alrighty, make yourselves comfortable and i'll bring them to you once they're done." felix said and left the two to find their seats.

they chose the seat just next to the big glass wall, the warm tone of the sunshine in the afternoon reflected on jaemin's pink hair. they talked about random things, laughing at times as they just enjoyed each other's company in the cozy cafe owned by felix. a little later, felix appeared with their orders.

"iced americano and strawberry macarons for minho, milk and for jaemin." he dictated as he set down the food and drinks, "there!" he smiled proudly, "oh, i almost forgot! he reached to the other two desserts on the tray ha had brought to carry their orders, "i kind of experimented the other day so i can add something up in the menu, it would be appreciated if you were to judge it if it's worthy to be added." he placed them down.

but as he was about to retract his hand, he accidentally bumped jaemin's glass of milk with the back of his hand. his eyes widened as he tried to catch it, he caught the glass along with jaemin, but unfortunately, the milk spilled on jaemin.

jaemin was shocked and frozen, while felix had properly put the glass in the middle of the table. "i.. i am so sorry.." felix apologized.

"it's alright, it's alright! it will dry, don't worry. at least the glass didn't drop and break! that would have been a mess." jaemin chuckled, minho only watched the scene, shocked as well,

"oh my, you're drenched! come with me, let's get you cleaned." he ushered jaemin up from his seat and rushed to the bathroom with felix.

evening at chan and felix's residence. felix was alone at home with jaemin, minho had went with chan to buy some stuff at the near convenience store. the events earlier still hasn't left his mind. it was really bothering him, he felt so bad.

that leads him to the kitchen, baking brownies at eight o' clock in the evening to somehow ease his mind.

as he prepared his ingredients for the next batch, a male he was not yet ready to see walked in the kitchen. he made eye contact with jaemin himself.

"oh, hello.. i'll just uhm- grab some water.." he nervously walked in and to where the glasses were.

felix sucked in a breath, he wanted to initiate a conversation with jaemin, but didn't know how to. as jaemin had made his way to the fridge, felix sighed out the breath he sucked in.

"uh, jaemin..?" he called out hesitantly which caught the other off guard.

"yes?" jaemin peeked from the door of the fridge before taking out a pitcher.

"about earlier-"

"felix, i already said it's alright." he reassured the male and chuckled lightly, drinking the water he poured in the glass.

"no, it is not.." he huffed, "you got wet, with milk-"

"-and it dried," jaemin cut him off and smiled, "like i said, it's all good. i already forgave you, felix. there is absolutely nothing to worry about."

felix just looked at the male pouting, "hmm, fine." he pursed his lips.

"i'll go back in the room now." he heard jaemin say, followed by footsteps. he looked behind him to see jaemin just about to get to the archway. he wanted to make it up to jaemin even if he was forgiven, he wanted to give the boy a chance, considering that they weren't the nicest to him.

he thought of this as a nice time to get to know each other, so he cleared his throat making jaemin look at him. felix pursed his lips into a staright line, he looked arounf the kitchen nervously and started, "uhmm, if you have nothing to do.."

"would you like to help me with baking?" he said it quickly.

"pardon?" to say jaemin was surprised was an understandment.

"would you like to help me bake brownies?" he repeated, "if you want to though! i won't force!" he laughed awkwardly as he panicked.

"i would love to." jaemin grinned widely, felix's eyes lit up and gave him an apron which he wore.

"okay, let's start with these.." felix said.

the baking and interrogating the other about themselves went on until they fell silent. they were quietly cleaning the equipment they used and wiping the kitchen island.

"..it tasted great." he blurted out which made felix stop.

"i'm sorry?" he said, he couldn't possibly be talking about the brownies since they were still cooling.

"ah, i meant the dessert you made us eat earlier. we were the first to try them, if i'm not mistaken.. you should put it up on the menu." he finished and sat down on the stool.

felix nodded, "i will, thank you." he thanked with a genuine smile.