027

"hello? sung!" rang a voice from the other end.

"yes, seungmin?" jisung lazily replied.

"well you know about the amusement park we were supposed to go to?"

"uhh, yeah? what about it?"

"well, apparently, next week there will be a firework display, so we decided to move the date. and i was told to ask if you guys are okay with that..?"

"is that all? that's fine with me. what day though?" he asked.

"thursday."

"oh, okay. see you then."

"wait, before you hang up, are you okay? you sound gloomy." seungmin questioned.

"i'm fine, seungmin."

"you sure?"

"yeah.."

"no, you are not. hold on i'll go to your unit, i know it's your day off so don't even make excuses." the older strictly said.

"but i am fi-" a beep sound was heard before he finished his sentence.

jisung sighed, ducking under his grey covers.

let's have a little rewind to last night when dinner happened, shall we?

the three males were walking at the side walk looking for places to eat at, but as they were walking, minho saw the restaurant he would frequently eat at back in high school with his siblings.

"sung, look!" he called out to the boy who was having a nice chat with jaemin. jisung looked behind him and saw minho turn his head across the street, so he followed his gaze and saw the restaurant minho would take him to multiple times.

back when they dated, minho took jisung to this specific restaurant and told jisung he was the first one he brought there.

their favorite restaurant.

"jaemin do you want to try the food there? it's my favorite restaurant back in high school." he asked his boyfriend.

"sure, min!" he agreed.

"what about you, j-" he switched his vision to jisung, who he saw was staring at the restaurant with an unreadable expression. he suddenly remembered and mentally slapped himself.

"uhm, you know what- let's go there some other time-"

"why?" jisung spoke, interrupting him.

"huh?"

jisung chuckled, "you said it's your favorite restaurant right? come on, i'm starving." he said in an enthusiastic way.

"i- alright then.." he walked with jaemin but slowed down a little to get beside jisung in the back.

he looked at the expressionless squirrel boy that looked staright ahead, as if he was almost lost in thought. hesitantly, he tugged at the younger's sleeve, catching his attention.

he leaned down to his ear and whispered, "sung, are you okay?"

"hm? yeah, why?" the younger asked back with a subtle smile.

"well... this place-"

"what about it? it's just a restaurant." minho swallowed thickly, feeling something tug his heart.

just a restaurant..? wasn't this our favorite one?

"minho, i know what you're thinking, it's all in the past now. i'll be fine, i promise." jisung assured him and gently patted his back, ushering him to walk by jaemin instead of him.