Chapter 1

I panted against my mate as I tried to stay conscious. Blood kept dripping into my eye, rendering it partially useless.

      "Kagome, are you all right?" His honeyed voice asked me.

      I turned my head towards him. From my one eye, I saw his golden pools show his worry. I softly smiled as I cupped his cheek and gently stroked his magenta stripes that decorated his cheek. He leaned into my touch, loving the warmth. I honestly couldn't believe that his skin was so soft. I was jealous in fact. His handsome face was twisted with worry. I looked up at the blue crescent moon that stood out proudly on his forehead.

      "I'm fine Maru." I smiled at him. "Just a little exhausted."

       I looked back to the remnants of the battlefield. The land was scorched, ripped, had many craters and demon carcasses strewn all over. Inuyasha panted as he pulled his blade out of a big demon centipede. Miroku was holding Sango up. Shippo was passed out in top of Kirara's large frame. Everyone was exhausted from the finale battle with Naraku. The spider yokai was finished and finally everything could back to a normal pace.

     A light clink noise caught my attention, making me look down at my feet. The completed jewel shone in a dark purple hue. I bent down and picked up the jewel. As soon as my fingers hit the jewel, it shined a brilliant pink, almost sparkling. My hand clenched over the jewel, slight anger coursing through my being.

     I looked up at my mate, who smiled down at me, nuzzling my neck. I sighed with relief as I glanced back at the jewel. I knew the jewel wouldn't grant any wish correctly. So I did the next best thing.

     "I wish the jewel never existed." I whispered to the jewel.

     Suddenly the jewel shook in my hands. It flew up into the air, circling in a slow manner before it went in such fast pace that we could only see a line of light. We all watched as it shined brighter before it suddenly stopped and floated back down to me. It landed in my hands, then the light died. Only a husk of the jewel remained and the power within it was my own. It was now harmless for everyone. I smiled at the small jewel before I wrapped it around my neck one a string.

       Then my body started to float in the air. I looked around, confused on what was going on. Before I could say anything, I was jolted into a unknown direction. I was flying so fast in the air, nobody could keep up, even Sesshomaru. I screamed as I felt my body start to lower down to wherever I was heading. I glanced over my shoulder finding myself over Edo.

      My body was cut and scraped as I was roughly brought through the forest. I saw that I was being dragged back to the well. My eyes widened as I grabbed ahold of a tree branch. I pulled with all my might to keep myself there. The force pulling me grew stronger.

      My arms shook as my muscles began to strain themselves. I could feel all my strength leave my body with each second I held on. I clenched my jaw as I pulled once more but it was futile. My muscles collasped on me from exhaustion and I once again went flying. A hand clasped over mine, making me look in front of me. Sesshomaru was holding me tightly, digging his feet into the ground.

      His eyes bled red as he tapped into his yokai so he could try to keep me here. Tears streamed down the sides of my face as I slowly shook my head. His eyes widened at that. I pulled myself up to him, then gave him a big embrace. His breath hitched as he took my scent once more. I could feel several more tears hit me and it wasn't mine. I pulled back, finding him crying as well. I kissed him with love and passion. Then we placed our foreheads together as we weakly smiled at each other.

      "I'll see you on the other side." I whispered to him. "Five hundred years in the future." I kissed him on the lips. "I love you."

      "I love you too." He said weakly. I felt my body be tugged once more.