Chapter 5

The class finally ended. I sighed with relief as I put my books in order. Apollon stood up and cheered.

       "It's over!" He screamed. "Class is over for the day!"

     "It's time for clubs now." Tsukuyomi stated.

      "That's right, Tsuki-Tsuki. Let's do our best again today!" Apollon smiled at Tsukuyomi.

      "Time for the going home club..." Loki sighed as he got to his feet.

      "I'll go with you." Thor said while following Loki out the room.

      "The guys in the going home club are really into their club activities." Tsukuyomi pondered. "We must learn from them." He looked to us.

     "I don't think that's quite right..." I smirked. Susanoo then got to his feet and started to leave.

      "Takeru, have you chosen a club?" Balder asked.

      "Huh? I'm not joining a club." Susanoo looked over his shoulder.

     "Take-Take..." Apollon looked to him. "As student council president, let me tell you something." Silence hung in the air and I could see Susanoo getting angry. "You should just give something a try!"

     I sighed.

     "I'm attending class! Isn't that enough?" Susanoo scoffed before leaving.

     "But clubs are more fun than class." Dionysos added.

                               *****

      I sighed as I walked to the library before I was going to the club room. I picked up the books I had before as well as a couple books on etiquette, demonology and recipes. I smiled as I looked down at the book, then sighed when I felt a familiar overbearing presence.

      "What's taking so long?" Thoth slammed a hand next to me. I hyperextended my neck to look at him.

      "A simple hello would suffice next time." I countered.

     "Do something about that failure!" Thoth hissed.

     "Failure?" I turned around to him so I didn't get a crick in my neck.

       "Totsuka Takeru." He leaned in closer to me. "All the others are at least participating in clubs. The bimbo..." I had a feeling he was talking about Balder. "The idiot..." Apollon. "The gloomy one..." Hades. "The imbecile..." Tsukuyomi. "The drunk..." Dionysos. "Even the dunce and the bean pole are in the going home club." Loki and Thor.

      I tried to contain my laughter at the nicknames he gave everyone. Then he pointed at me.

     "In any case, that failure still hasn't even tried a single one." Thoth scoffed.

      "But..." I glanced away. He leaned in remarkably close.

      "These are Zeus' orders." Thoth scolded. "Do something about it."

      "Yeah, yeah." I sighed as I pushed him away. My hand hitting his bare chest. The scroll charm turned into the color of parchment. I mentally flinched at that. "I'm taking these out Thoth." I said before walking away with my newfound job.

      I sighed as I sat down in the astronomy club room. I cracked my neck as I set the books down on the table. I took out the jewel and glared at it while I moved it around in my fingers. While I tried to figure out the problem with Susanoo, I picked up the book with legendary mikos and monks written on the book. I didn't mean to grab this one but it didn't hurt to skim through. I opened the book, flipping through the pages. Many names popped out at me like Midoriko, Kikyo, Kaede, Miroku and other Mikos and monks I learned about in the feudal Era. Then I stumbled upon my name in the book. I flinched as I reread the name. I blinked in surprise.