Chapter 12

My family found me crying on the ground of the storage shed. Their eyes wide at the sight of me. Mom came over to me and cradled me in her arms. I turned my face into her chest, wailing in pain. Not only I lost my way back back the feudal era, I now lost my way back to the garden. I wouldn't be able to see them again.

*****

I leaned my head on my bedroom wall, looking out at the blue sky above. My body was numb. My goddess form didn't retreat, probably because I wasn't in the right of mind. I felt hallow. I stared blankly down at my hairstick in my hands. I twirled it around, watching it glisten each time the light hit the silver. My wings were drooping behind me.

I've been like this for three days. I only left the room to go to the bathroom and even then it was less since I really didn't eat. As the hairstick glistened, I pictured each of my mate's faces. Then it morphed to my son, daughter, my feudal era family or friends. I couldn't see any of them any more.

"Kagome. You have visitors." Mom warmly told me as she opened the door. I heard but I didn't reply. I just stared out the window, twirling my hairstick. The sudden scent of petrichor wafted into the room, followed by pine and the faint smell of candy apple. Three different scents mingled together.

My head slowly turned and my soulless eyes stared at three figures that knelt at the side of my bed. The first figure my eyes landed on was a handsome teenaged boy. His auburn hair was now long, some pulled back into a loose ponytail. His emerald slit eyes focused on me, glazed over with worry. His pointed ears poked through his hair. He carefully reached out and placed his clawed hand upon mine. The smell of pine caressed my skin.

"Momma?" He called, his voice more masculine and huskier than it was five hundred years ago

"Momma?" He called, his voice more masculine and huskier than it was five hundred years ago. My eyes glanced over to the woman in her twenties.

Her brown hair had really grown out over the years. It went all the way down to her shins now. Her gentle brown eyes showed her love and warmth. Her cute cherub features morphed into a stunning woman. She filled out and her body was more curvy.

"Momma?" She wore a worried expression as she placed her hand on my other hand

"Momma?" She wore a worried expression as she placed her hand on my other hand. The scent of candy apple reaching my nose. My eyes then focused onto the third person in the room.