Chapter 7

I opened my eyes, slowly blinking away the sleep that still lingered. I rubbed at my eyes and sat up. There was a sudden weight to my waist. I looked down and found Tenji's arm wrapped around me. His tail was wrapped tightly around my leg as well. He grumbled before he pulled me into his arms once more, nuzzling my shoulder. I glanced to the clock that stood on my night stand. It seemed that I had an hour before I had to get up and start the day. I sighed as I decided to sleep a little longer within Tenji's arms.

      *Beep*
      *Beep*
      *Beep*

     The repetitive sound of my alarm went off. I groaned as I slammed down the button to shut off the alarm. I really didn't want to get up for class today but what could I do. I stiffly got to my feet, my bones popping back into place as I stretched. I glanced back to find Tenji sleeping soundly still. He pawed around the bed, trying to grab something. I heard my name slip from his lips as he grabbed a pillow and pulled it towards him. I softly smiled as I watched him. I leaned down and kissed his temple before I got ready for the day.

     I took a quick shower and then dressed for the day. I made sure I had all my books for class as well as the books I needed to return to the library today. I nodded when I saw everything there. I quietly said goodbye to Melissa and left for the day. As soon as I exited the dorm, I was greeted with snow. I blinked in astonishment.

      "Is it winter already?" I mumbled to myself. As I was walking towards the cafeteria for breakfast, I saw Thor and Loki making a snowman. A smile graced my lips as I watched. I saw Susanoo running around, he sneezed a bit. Suddenly Loki smiled, quickly made a snowball and then threw it at Susanoo. It hit him square in the back of the head.

      "Ah, sorry, sorry!" Loki apologized but I knew it was fake. "My hand slipped."

      "You bastard..." Susanoo growled. Then he grabbed a handful of snow and aimed it at Loki. "Hey, Loki!"

     Loki laughed as he avoided the snowball. "You'll never hit me with those!" Loki teased as he ran away, provoking Susanoo. I walked towards them, while watching the fun.

      "Wait, you jerk!" Susanoo roared as he threw more snowballs. I turned my head, finding Hades sitting upon the steps watching the rowdy group.

      "It snowed quite a bit." Hades mused. "Winter snowfall is snow joke." He chuckled at his joke.

     I giggled at his little joke, making him turn to me. When he did that, he didn't notice a snowball fly in his direction. I went to warn him but he got hit in the face with the snowball, knocking him back.

      "Sorry, Hades!" Susanoo apologized. I walked up, leaning over a bit and looked down at my mate.

      "You all right? Not going to get brain freeze because of that snowball are you?" I softly giggled as I helped him sit up.

     "Not with your warm smile." He smiled up at me. I blushed at his statement. When did he become a flirt?

                               ****

     I placed the books I took out back onto the shelves. Then I began to look for books that had to do with Christmas for the school council. It would seem that Zeus changed the season on a whim once again. I went to reach for a book, but once again my shortness cut me short. I had my fingers wiggle at the spine of the book.

      "Just a little bit more..." I groaned. Suddenly a hand came in front of me, grabbing the book I needed. I looked over and found Balder, getting the book. He smiled at me before handing it over to me. "Balder!" I blushed as I looked upon his handsome face.