Chapter 3

I sat down in the classroom with the four other gods. I took out my notebook and readied my quill, ready to take notes down for this year's class work. Thoth entered the classroom.

      "Let's begin." Thoth said.

     "Attention." I called as I stood up from my seat. All the souls followed my instruction while the gods looked baffled. They lagged behind but they stood up too. "Bow."

      I bowed to Thoth, everyone else followed along. Thoth smiled before he nodded.

      "Please be seated." Thoth said. We all then sat down. "Good morning class."

       "Good morning Teacher." Everyone responded back. The poor gods were once again stuck on what to do.

     "Today, I will teach you about human anatomy, which will be important to your studies of humanity." Thoth walked up to the blackboard, pointing to one of the charts with a pointer. "The muscles in the human body can be categorized in several ways. There are striated muscles, smooth muscles, and cardiac muscles."

      Is this really important? I arched a brow but I took notes anyway.

     "An incantation? Is this an incantation?" Apollon mumbled looking frazzled. I chuckled as I continued to listen to Thoth.

     "They can also be categorized as skeletal or visceral, voluntary or involuntary, and red or white muscles." Thoth explained. I glanced at Tsukuyomi to see how he was coming along. He was literally writing down everything Thoth was explaining. And I mean everything. Very dense notes but it was cute. I looked to Dionysos, who was asleep during the lesson. Balder was trying to pay attention but he kept trying to get him to wake up. Thoth heard all of this but continued the lesson anyway.

     "Regardless, muscles are a motor apparatus unique to animals. Their distinguishing feature is active contraction." Thoth instructed.

       "Hey! That's not a good idea." Balder lightly shook Dionysos while he paid attention to the lesson. "Come on, Thyrsos..." Then he faced his fellow God and started to shaking him hard. "You have to wake up." Suddenly he pushed too hard and he slipped backwards. "Whoops."

     "Bal-Bal!" Apollon yelled before he ran towards Balder, waking Dionysos on the way through. I sighed as I rubbed my temples and placed down my quill.

      "Are you okay? Are you all right, Balder?" Apollon asked.

      "Huh? What?" Dionysos looked around in a sleep hazed daze. "Are monsters attacking us?"

      "Are monsters attacking us?" Tsukuyomi repeated as he wrote that in his notebook as well.

      "M-Monsters?" A girl soul shouted. The rest of our class was starting to panic.

     "Like the gaint eight headed snake?" A male student shouted.

     "No!" Another female screamed.

     "Everyone please calm down." I roared, calling the class in order. "There is no monsters. Our lovely classmate just had a dream during class." I teased as I looked to Dionysos. The class started to calm down a bit.

       Thoth slammed his hands down on the desk, calling everyone's attention and then harshly glared at us. Everyone flinched but this glare I was used to by my mate. He soon sighed and stormed out of the room. I immediately ran after him, hoping to change his mind.

      "Wait, Master Thoth." I called as I ran after him. "Can you please return to the classroom?" I asked.

      "How dare you speak to me that way?" Thoth stopped and then looked over his shoulder at me. Then he sharply turned and placed his arms on either side of me, pinning me to the wall. "All they do is nap and play around. They don't take this seriously! Further, some never even shown up. Listen. Even as they so this, time still passes! If I can't get them to understand humanity and love in time, you will be trapped in this garden forever."