Chapter 10

A few days passed since the test. Thoth was going to tell us the results today. I was in the gazebo waiting for school to start. I wanted to have some alone time. I sighed as I leaned against my hand.

     "Kabala!" A voice called. My mind soon registered what was said. "Huh! Who is this?"

     I slowly turned my gaze to the side and found someone standing there. He was a young man, looking in his late teens or early twenties. His black hair was in a straight bob, long in the front and shorter in the back, with tufts resembling ears. He had the most innocent magenta eyes. He wore a skintight suit exposing the midriff, and wears his school blazer over it. He wears a striped belt around his waist and gladiator sandals. He was so handsome. From his tanned skin and the familiar eyeliner design, told me he was Egyptian. I mentally frowned, wondering why I haven't seen him around the school.

      I blinked in surprise when I saw him

      I blinked in surprise when I saw him. I sat up and blushed.

      "Sorry. I didn't know was using this place. I'll be off." I told the man.

      "Don't." He called, making me pause in step. I turned my head to him, finding him shyly come closer to me. "Please don't leave." He clasped my hand. The jackel charm turned from a silver to a metallic black. It looked to me that he was my new mate.

      "I can stay if you want but only until class starts. That sounds okay?" I asked. He nodded his head. I sat down next to him, who was blushing like crazy. "So what's your name?"

      "Anubis." He blushed.

      "The Egyptian God of the Dead? Awesome!" I smiled. "I am a fan of yours, well, since I was learning about you in history and mythology."

      "You are?" Anbuis looked at me shocked. I nodded my head.

      "Yes." I gave him a warm smile. "I know your job is a hard one but I find it noble. But not too many share my opinion." I sighed.

      "Th-Thanks." He blushed. "So what is your name?"

      "Oh, where are my manners! My name is Kagome Higurashi." I introduced. "Title wise, I'm known as the Shikon Miko."

      "Kagome?" His ear like tuffs perked up at the mention of that. "My mate Zeus told me about!"

      "Indeed." I nodded with a smile. "The jackel charm just turned as soon as you touched my hand. It's a physical marker to say that your mine and I'm yours." I showed him the charm. "If that makes sense."

       "No it makes sense." Anubis looked to the charm, gently gliding his fingers over his charm. He noticed the other charms and tilted his head. "So you have others as well."

      "Yeah." I nodded. "None of them are as adorable as you though." I cooed, giving him a little hug. He blushed like hell as I held him. He then leaned against me, rubbing his cheek against the top of my head.