Chapter 11

I stood beside Loki as we looked upon Balder as he slept. My heart was heavy as I looked. I tried healing him with my reiki but there was nothing wrong with him physically. In the corner of my eye, I saw Loki's hand clench and shake. He was having an internal war with himself. I gently clasped his other hand and held it. I heard him softly gasp but nothing more.

Loki clasped my hand back, I could feel him shaking with fear. I stroked the back of his hand with my thumb as we both stared at Balder. Loki gave me a small hug before he asked if he could be alone with Balder. I nodded my head as I quietly left. I looked back at both of them before I closed the door behind me.

I was sitting at the table with Apollon, Hades, Dionysos, Tsukito and Takeru. We were all sipping tea, talking to each other with sullen expressions.

"Is Bal-Bal okay?" Apollon asked. "Loki-Loki said it wasn't serious, but..."

"Perhaps he was exhausted from the play." Tsukito said.

"Maybe." Dionysos agreed.

"He also collapsed during the Christmas market, didn't he?" Takeru added.

"I hope he gets well soon." Hades said, worried. I frowned as I thought back to the night of the Christmas market. Loki said that when his emotions were unstable, he becomes like this. But what was making his emotions go haywire this time. My hands clenched harder against the skirt of my uniform.

"Are you okay, Fairy?" Apollon asked me as I stood up.

"Kagome?" Hades called.

"I'm going to check on him!" I told them before running out of the room. I slowly walked down the hallway, towards the infirmary. My head was a mess as I tried to think about what I could do to help my mate. I didn't like feeling useless. I was like that for most of my journey to gather the jewel. It was a feeling I hated. I became stronger so I wasn't a burden. In the end, I'm still a burden.

"Hey, Fairy!" Apollon called, making me snap out of my thoughts. I turned my head, finding him running towards me a basket full of apples.

"Apollon..." I looked to him.

"I'll go with you." He smiled brightly to me.

"You will?" I blinked I surprise.

"Yeah." Apollon nodded as he held out the basket. "And I've got these. They're for him. He hasn't had dinner yet...So he must be hungry. I hope he likes them!"

"Yeah." I smiled at him. We both continued walking until the corner of the hallway. We stopped due Loki and Thor talking. We quietly listened.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" Thor asked. "To just leave things like this? Maybe we should tell everyone..."

"And..." Loki countered. "What will telling them change?"

Thor looked away. "I don't know."

"You'd tell them, even though you don't know?"

"But it's better than changing nothing..." Thor grumbled.

"That's enough." Loki sighed. "I've had enough. I will..." He paused. "Kill Balder myself."

Apollon and I gasped, the apples dropping to the ground. Apollon and I walked out.

"Oh, come on..." Apollon tried to keep this on a brighter side. "Your weird joke made me drop my apples."

"You heard?" Loki stared at both of us full of shock before it became hard.