Chapter 16

I smiled as I sat down at the table. My family was sitting here with my mates, ready to have a meal. Dad looked at my mates as we sat there. I helped Tenji dish out the food before we sat down to eat.

     "Thank you for the meal." We all said, then waited for Sesshomaru to start. He gracefully ate, signaling for us to start.

     "So Pumpkin, how are you doing?" Dad asked.

     "Very well." I smiled. "Naraku is once again under control so there is nothing to worry about."

     "He still forced a mate mark." Dad frowned.

     "I admit I'm not too thrilled at that but I don't know how to remove it without killing either of us." I shrugged as I sipped at my soup. "Delicous!" I cooed.

     I saw Tenji's tail wag in satisfaction. Dad sighed and shook his head at me.

     "Oh Daddy, I'm going with Haruhi this weekend to go shopping for a dress for uncle's wedding. Did you want us to stop by the barracks since it's on our way through?" I asked him.

     "Oh geez, it's almost here isn't it?" Dad sighed as he ran his hand over his face.

     "Yes." I chuckled.

     "Don't get anything that is provocative." He huffed, not budging on his decision.

     "Daddy, I'm already mated." I scoffed.

     "You mean..." His dark blue eyes widened. "Who?" He growled.

     "Roy dear, she is a young adult now." Mom sighed.

     "Nope. My baby will always be my baby girl." He huffed. All my mates looked at me, looking for an explanation.

      "You'll understand once you have a daughter of your own." I sighed as I ate some more.

     "So Kagome, have you decided who will be the vice president?" Thoth casually asked, but I could see the smirk under the bowl he sipped from.

     I mentally cursed out him as I gave a smile. I saw Sesshomaru, Shippo, Rin, Tenji, Koga and Inuyasha flinch. Nothing ever good came our of this smile. I saw all my mates look at me with expectant eyes. I first glanced at Apollon, he was good at energizing things but he was completely scatterbrained, hence the name A-fool-lon. Tsukito, he just dotted things down regardless and he doesn't understand. Takeru, he was hardheaded. Loki, a trouble maker, a fat big no. Balder, he gets distracted easily, especially when it comes to food, particularly meat. Thor, he was go serious most of the time. If any normal humans came in, he would scare them. Dionysus, he just cared about his wine. In fact, he probably prefer the gardening club than Foreign Interests. So it came down to Anubis and Hades. They were both shy boys and could use interaction. As much as I loved Anubis, he was too innocent and he wouldn't understand on the responsibilities. Since I was Club President, I needed to look at the big factor. I knew who I needed.

      I glanced at Hades. He was calmly eating his food, muttering about how the strawberry rice cakes would be. He tried his best to stand out the entire time we were in the academy. No one would listen to him, even when he projected his voice, well tried to. I found him reliable when we were in the astonomy club together. This would also help him gain a voice as well as socialize. I calmly closed my eyes and sipped on my juice once more.

     "Indeed." I nodded with a softer smile.

     "Oh!" Thoth slightly flinched. I guess he didn't expect me to be able to pick amongst my mates. "Who is it?"

      "Hades." I smiled wider as I place my glass down and leaned on my hands.

     A signature go to position when trying to intimidate the other party. Inuyasha flinched while Sesshomaru puffed his chest out with pride. I guess all the etiquette training with Jaken didn't go to waste. Hades choked on his drink and looked at me.