Chapter 8

"That's enough, Loki!" Balder hissed. "Why do you keep getting in my way?" His cold glare really shaking me to the core.

     "Please stop this, Balder..." Loki pleaded. His tone sounded like he was in pain. My fear momentarily stopped as I looked in between the gods.

     "Just leave me alone--" Balder stated as he placed a hand to his chest.

     "Stop making me suffer!" Loki shouted. There was a moment of silence. "Go."

     "But..."

     "I said go!" Loki yelled. I glanced one last time at my mates before I ran off, running towards my booth. Once I got there, I was relieved for the moment. Takeru had the soup going and portions were already out. I started to be a sales woman and called people over. I managed to keep a smile upon my face though inside I felt like I was dying. I wanted to help my mates but I didn't know how I could. I really didn't know what was going on with Balder either.

     Suddenly Thoth came up to the stand and placed down a full money sack. Takeru and I looked at it astonished. He was making a good amount at his booth. But knowing him, he was probably coercing the poor student into buying his product.

     "I'll take all the soup you have." He told Takeru.

     He then left with eight trays with twelve bowls full with soup. We watched him go, a small triumphant grin upon his face.

     "I'll be back. Ready the next batch." Thoth warned as he left.

      "He's gonna eat more?" Takeru arched a brow.

     "Damn, you make a kick ass soup." I smiled. Takeru blushed as he turned away.

     "Good grief." He grumbled as he went to prepare for the next batch. I grabbed the empty bowls and brought them in the back to wash. After washing them, I placed them back on the bench where Takeru would need them. Suddenly I heard a bunch of students giggling, making me look to the side. I saw Balder coming towards us. I quickly turned and leaned towards Tsukito.

     "I need to go on break for a moment." I said with a slight panic tone. His purple eyes widened before he looked to where I glanced. He nodded his head.

     "Go, I'll cover for you." Tsukito told me.

     "Thank you." I clapped my hands together and bowed my head. "I'll make sure to take punishment from Takeru later." I promised before I slipped in the back. I sighed as I walked down the booths, rubbing the side of my neck. "I just can't face him right now..." I frowned. I'm still new to the multiple mate thing and I didn't want to fully get attached to them when I don't know how my first mate will react.

     I glanced up finding Hades watering some roses. I smiled when I saw he had my favorite color rose.

     "How beautiful!" I exclaimed as I walked over next to him. He flinched for a moment by my sudden appearance but soon relaxed. "You're selling flowers here? Whose idea was it?"

     Hades blushes as he shyly looked away. "D-Dionysos grew these in the gardening club."

     Dionysos smirked as I could tell he wanted to embarrass his uncle. "Huh? You're the one who said you wanted to do it." He teased.

     "This is amazing." I cooed. "You grew such colorful flowers."

     "Yes." Hades blushed and scratched his cheek.

     Dionysos sighed as he leaned on his hand. "I wanted to sell wine made from grapes I raised...but the teacher wouldn't let me." He pouted. I chuckled.