XLI

Gon's POV

1 week later

A couple days after Killuas parents had their event, Tova and Kaori came back from Korea, and Killua would be starting his first semester tomorrow. He was out with Isamu and Tova so Kaori and I stayed home, we were currently doing some laundry.

"You guys never have food, holy hell" Kaori complained as she shut the fridge.

"Healthy food is still food you know" I say.

"You and my dad with your fancy food" Kaori says walking back over to me.

"Vegetables are fancy now?" I laughed.

"It is when you get them imported from the nicest farm you can find, you guys are so extra" Kaori says.

"When you eat good you feel good. How was Goro anyways, hopefully that stupid witch wasn't stressing him again, last time I talked to him he told me he had a lot going on" I say while folding a shirt.

"I think he's okay, he was just a little busy when we went to see him, it wasn't anything different from how he usually is though" Kaori says grabbing some clothes to fold.

I sighed. "I'll have to call him tonight, at least you and Tova had fun" I say.

"We did for the most part but you know we'd run into people, so that was a thing" Kaori says.

"Who? Royals?" I ask curiously.

"More like assholes, but yes" Kaori says.

"Aw what happened, they didn't do anything right?" I ask.

"Do anything? No. Judged me, talked about me, tried getting Tova's number? Yes"

"What?! How what did they say? And what did Tova do?"

"He declined obviously, but they didn't actually do that in my face, it's just.. you know how everyone acts, I could tell from the way they were looking at each other"

"Damn, sorry. I forgot you and Tova haven't exactly went public yet, but that still doesn't give them an excuse to be bitches" I say standing and picking up the hamper.

"Wait where are you going" Kaori says as I walked upstairs.

"To the room, you know.. to put this away" I say laughing.

"Okay you probably should've mentioned that" Kaori says running to catch up.

"You could've stayed down, this wasn't gonna take long" I say putting the hamper down.

"That's rude, you don't wanna be with me every second I'm here?" Kaori says hugging me tightly.

I gasped at the sudden pressure. "Yes and no, I love you but you're crazy" I say halfway out of breathe.

She let go and jumped on my bed. "You need crazy in your life th- oop, I think your phone is ringing" Kaori says grabbing my phone from under her.

I went over to her as she handed it to me. "It's probably Killua" I say getting the phone.

"I'll let you two talk then, I should probably check on Tova anyways" Kaori says getting up as I check to see who's calling.

"All right I'll be down in a minute" I say picking up the phone.

*On the phone*

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Hey babe, yeah I just wanted to ask, did you want me to pick anything up for you? We're on our way back" Killua says.

"Aw thanks for thinking of me but I think I'm good, I'm kind of tired to be honest.." I say walking back over to the clothes.

"Are you sure?"