Voices From Within - Prologue

Author's Note:

Voices Deep Inside  is the first book in the Crown of Laurels Series. It follows the love story of Roman Thanturnum and Talia Huntley. In the book, the reader meets Roman's family of three other brothers that live on the estate. Talia discovers her family roots and through the discovery, Talia is able to escape with her real father. Talia and Roman work through obstacles to join as husband and wife.

Voices From Within is the second book in the Crown of Laurels Series. This novel follow the love story of Charlotte Randolph and Reggie Thanturnum as they battle a blizzard, illness, and injuries. Can this city girl find happiness on the frontier? Read this long awaited sequel to find out.

Voices From Within

Prologue

Charlotte Randolph drifted in and out of consciousness as she rode through the cold night air. She was wrapped in a heavy blanket. Her head throbbed as the carriage raced through the night.

Her tongue tasted the bitter liquid on the rag that was stuffed in her mouth. She tried with her tongue to move the rag to the side of her mouth, gasping for fresh air through the handkerchief tied around her mouth.

She remembered being jostled as she was carried down a ladder into darkness. She tried to plead for mercy, but the gag prevented her words from being heard. Charlotte opened her eyes and through a blur, she could see her captor. She saw his eyes as he stroked her hair.

He promised her that he would come back for her in the morning and that she would be safe. And then he left her alone in the darkness. She heard the bang of a door, and she kept trying to breath out the side of her mouth, but the effects of the medicine took over her body.

Darkness engulfed her as she laid on the cot. She tossed and turned, struggling against her restraints. With each breath, she inhaled the bitter smell. She was so scared.

"...through the darkness, be near me and keep me safe until morning light, Amen.

Then everything went dark.