Realisation of Calibre

Virat Kohli was born on 5th November, 1988 to Mr. Prem Kohli and Mrs. Saroj Kohli in New Delhi, India. His family was a typical Hindu Punjabi family and he was the youngest of the three children which included his elder sister Bhawna Kohli and his elder brother Vikash Kohli.
His father was a lawyer at the High Court and his mother was a homemaker. Back then, the salaries of High Court lawyers didn't used to be as well as they are today and there was only one earner in the family, so his family wasn't much prosperous.Virat's father brought him a cricket bat for his 3rd birthday and young Virat fell in love with swinging the bat. He started watching cricket on TV with his elder brother. His idol was the Great, God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar. He recalles from his memory that "Whenever India used to fail to chase a target, I would sleep with the belief that if I had the jersey on, I would've chased it and made India win." However, this passion for cricket, was not only in his thoughts but he was a decent player as an amateur, who hasn't got any training of playing cricket. Nobody, including Virat himself, knew that this game would help him to justify his name to this extent that one day he'll be called the best in his field.He used to play cricket in his colony with his brother's friends as there were less children of his age group to play with him. That time he rarely used to get the chance of batting, because the elder ones would ask him to go and pick up the ball everytime it goes somewhere far. But when he got the chance to bat, he used to leave his mark in batting. Everyone told Virat's father that he was a great talent and if nurtured properly, could play at the highest level.His father had also felt the same several times when he saw Virat passionately swinging the bat or playing a game, but to hear it from other people, made it clear that he was a special talent which needs to be nurtured. His father finally decided that a boy, who can thrash bowlers who learnt from academy without any training, can do wonders if given in the right hands to be nurtured. He finally decided that Virat would go to the same academy as his brother, which was the West Delhi Cricket Academy (WDCA) even if he has to sacrifice his own wishes to do so. Thus, the cricketing journey of Virat started when he was not even 10 years old.