Hobart and Fitness Freak

The HOBART HURRICANE is the name famously given to Virat's great inning of 183 in an Asia Cup against the arch rivals Pakistan. When Gautam Gambhir got out on the first ball chasing 330 odd runs in 50 overs that is 300 balls, everyone expected the Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar to carry team India again on his shoulders in his last ODI match. But unexpectedly, it turned out to be his pupil Virat, who became the saviour of the team first of many times now. Although, Sachin scored a fifty, but that match got down in history as the first glimpse of future chase master Virat Kohli.The match against Pakistan, is an emotion to all 1.35 billion people of India and if you perform in that match you can become from nothing, to a hero. Virat did become a hero in that match and got the support of Sachin and his future best partner Rohit Sharma. Coincidentally, it was the only match where all Virat, Sachin and Rohit atleast scored a half century that is 50 runs. Virat unfortunately got out when 15 odd runs were left to chase, but played the best ODI innings by an Indian batsman in a run chase. Like every hero, this hero also rose from an India Pakistan match and will be remembered for ages to come. This is also considered as a momento passing match from Sachin to Virat, who is now India's best batsman sorry not only of India but whole world.The only thing now lacking in him was fitness. After the 2012 edition of the IPL, one day Virat came out of the shower and looked at himself and thought this is not how an international athlete should look and from that day on, changed everything in his diet. Then the transition from a chubby Delhi Punjabi boy to the fittest player the game ever saw began. Virat was a heavy meat eater, so he cut down all his meat and turned vegetarian. All he would eat at night was roasted chana (gram) and water. He wouldn't touch anything else. The first three months according to him were torcher. He felt like eating the bed sheets at night, but he knew that if he passed these three months next 15-20 years would be good for him. In the next 6 months he lost 11 kg weight and started becoming fit by end of 2013. This fitness was visible in the matches the played. He was never tired. Even if he was batting on 120, which atleat takes 2.5-3 hours of batting he could run as fast as he ran when he was on 0. Today, Virat is very conscious about what he eats, how he trains and how much he sleeps. If you could, dear readers, compare his photos of 2011 and 2014 you'll not be able to recognize that if it's the same man or not. After fitness, began the dominance and becoming of Kohli to King Kohli we know today.